Beautiful Widgets

stefanl

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful Widget Question

How do i edit my beautiful widget weather/clock app. I've seen pictures of different looking click and different sizes?

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know there are two sizes. When adding the widget select Beautiful Home for the larger clock (4x2), or you can select Beautiful Smaller Home for the small clock (4x1).

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets Home - Weather acting weird

I just downloaded the Beautiful Widget pack and first of all I think it's great, especially for the low cost. However, I've noticed that sometimes the weather doesn't pull down the correct information.

For example: I live in Pennsylvania and it's 18F right now (checked online). However, the widget says that it's 79F! I wish it was 79. Anyways, just checking to see if anyone had a workaround for this. Even if I try refreshing it keeps the same temp.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Same problem here today. Think they are having a problem. actual temp here is 24 widget showed 50. I did a reboot of the phone and now temp is showing accurate.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I changed my location to my zip and the weird info was fixed. I was also showing 18 degrees last nite and this morning.....however the temp wasn't 18 or close.

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I changed my location to my zip and the weird info was fixed. I was also showing 18 degrees last nite and this morning.....however the temp wasn't 18 or close.

Please tell me 18 was too low for your area. Anyways, what I did instead of a reboot was to go into the options, change the units to Celsius then press OK. Then go back into options and change it back to Fahrenheit.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
In the latest release log they mention there is or was an issues with google weather where it pulls the temps from. It will go back to normal soon.

Lenard56

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

Mine was messed up also, I changed my from the zip and it corrected itself, so I guess it's a bigger issue. Just odd.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I live in Pennsylvania and it's 18F right now (checked online). However, the widget says that it's 79F! I wish it was 79. Anyways, just checking to see if anyone had a workaround for this. Even if I try refreshing it keeps the same temp.

I think Al Gore and his buds may have hacked in to it. Trust him - it's not 18. It's 79. It's not getting colder. It's getting warmer.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am also In PA, and mine read around 18 last night and 19 now, which is correct so I am not having a problem. I updated to the newest build and got the 2.0.1 update.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
So I finally decided to give it a try. Up til now I've been using the alternative, Weather Widget Donate, and I was completely satisfied. Thought I would give this a try and its just as I thought. Simple clock/weather widget with animation and no skin options, something that WWD does have. But what WWD doesn't have is the power widgets which I think is awesome and makes the price tag well worth it. The other thing I think BW has one up on WWD is the weather icon. BW's is bigger and more crisp.

So all in all, if you're like me and didn't want to try Beautiful Widget for whatever reason, I say give it a whirl. The power widgets alone will justify it. And remember, if you don't like it, you can always get a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz