Is there a better mail app than Maildroid?

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have both a personal and business Yahoo email account. Up to now, I have accessed my personal account on my Incredible using the Yahoo Mail app. That was up through version 1.0.4. Seems in the past 24 hours they came out with a "new" version, 1.2, and it has problems with configurations as I cannot access my personal Yahoo email account on my Incredible. When I try to log in, it tries to tell me, "Bizmail accounts are not supports". Well, that is great, but I am not trying to access my business account.

Anyways, I have had enough of everytime they come out with a new version it has one problem after another.

Besides Maildroid, is there a better email app or is it the best to go with?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
K9 and Improved Email are two other apps that you can use that are rated highly.

I was using Maildroid but was having some issues so switched to Improved Email. Note that when you install it you will find it under the name "Mail".

Be aware that there in no "perfect" email app so try a few of them. Just remember to prevent the other email apps from accessing your account while you are trying them out or else you will get a notification from each app every time you get mail.

Doc

BelaLugosi

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've tried quite a few mail-clients so far, but K9-Mail is still the best one. And the best thing is, it's FOSS (Free and Open Source Software)!
You can do anything you want: Unified Inbox, POP, IMAP, etc,... So give it a try, you'll love it.

Cheers

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
You need to use what works best for you. If a new version comes out within an hour after the other, it usually means a major bug was found and I fixed it right away ... some consider that good support :)

I try my best, but as the application grows in size, bugs come. If K9 works better for you, then you should use it. It is a great application.

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Yes, yes there is. Just not on the Android platform at this point. ;-)

I must say I've had some really REALLY painful occurrences and annoyances w/ Maildroid but the developer responsiveness, improvements over time, and slow but sure maturity improvements keep me sticking to the Maildroid guns.

It's not that I didn't like K9 but it just didn't work quite as well as Maildroid for my workflow and volume. -Pk

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using K9 for about 6 months and really like it.

Maildroid's UI has improved a lot and has very good support, but I don't care for the ads at the bottom. I would rather donate and get rid of the ads, but I don't think maildroid offers that yet.

I would just download and play.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried K9 to use with Pure Messenger widget but unlike the native email application it did not pull up my corporate account contacts from the server (my collegues are not in my address book or the contact folder in my exchange account) so I deleted it. I have over 1500 collegues so I do not want them in my phones address book. Is there a way for K9 to pull up the corporate directory like the native application?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae