OpenOffice.org for Android?

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Because Docs to Go was bought by RIM. I am betting that further Android development may not be top priority.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No, not Docs To Go. Certain assets that Dataviz owns were bought by RIM, but Davaviz themselves weren't bought out. And since the 3.0 version actually came out, I'm sure Docs To Go wasn't what was purchased.

pastapapa50

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have any information on whether the OpenOffice.org suite is being developed to run on Android? One of the benefits of the i*ad is that there is a suite of native apps that are excellent in the basic software areas like word processing, numbers crunching, and presentations. I would like to see Oo_Org come to Android, especially for use on tablets.

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Because Docs to Go was bought by RIM. I am betting that further Android development may not be top priority.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
DataViz Was Not Acquired by RIM, Still Working on iPhone, Android OS Software
by Ed Hardy - 9/14/2010

Despite recent rumors to the contrary, an official DataViz spokesperson says that this well-known mobile app developer has not been acquired by RIM, the maker of BlackBerry smartphones.

Over the last few days, it has been widely reported that the developer of the popular Documents To Go Office suite is now a part of Research In Motion. This led to speculation that the iOS and Android OS versions of this company's products would soon no longer be available.

Responding to question for Brighthand, Wesley Hamnett, DataViz' Marketing & Channel Coordinator, wrote:

It is not our practice to disclose details of our business relationships with our partners. That being said, while we did sell some of our assets to RIM, DataViz itself has not been acquired and is still very much in business.

We remain committed to many of the platforms that we supported previously including both iPhone and Android. In fact, we will be releasing several new versions of Documents To Go in the coming weeks and you can expect to see other offerings from us in the future as well.

DataViz Was Not Acquired by RIM, Still Working on iPhone, Android OS Software

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman