Credit Card processing application for the Droid

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Why couldn't you use any online process? I use Moneris in my biz for the occaisional cc transaction, and it's all done online. Don't know why it would work to log on and do the same on the phone.

nick125

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
As far as I'm aware of, there are not any dedicated applications for credit card processing for Android. You can use web-based solutions, like Zorro1 mentioned, but beware that you can't use Bluetooth magnetic strip readers, and therefore, you'll get charged a higher rate by your credit card processor.

tsweez

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
We develop a 'free' full featured Credit Card Processing Application for the Android. If you already have either Authorize.Net or PayPals Website Payments Pro, you don't need anything else.

For more information, google Mobile Merchant Pro, not to be confused with Merchant Pro by Alpine which is a paid application.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken that is what Square does. They are supposed to release a dongle that allows you to swipe credit cards sometime soon as well.

Argodabar

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Square claims they do everything you want. I signed up for the dongle about 3 months ago and still haven't received it so I cannt say if it works.