Sound Profile App?

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking an app that will let me do rules-based alerts similar to what's available on the Blackberry platform.

Specifically, if I get an e-mail from and / or too a specific address, I would like to be able to assign a specific alert sound to that event and I would like to be able to set the volume for that sound independently from all other phone sounds.

When I'm on-call, if a server at work alarms, this lets me set a custom ringer that always sounds, even if I have the phone on silent.

Any suggestions?

phillydog#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My solution

I have a similar issue. I am a physician and when on call, I only want to get awakened by specified messages.
I used smart alerts for BB and Berry Buzz which worked perfectly. I haven't found anything as foolproof but here's what I've done.
1. I use Profiles. You can set notification sounds based on time. The problem is that you can only set general rules for notifications and can't specify as to account or sender.
2. Maildroid as my email client. This has notification rules as to account. So basically you can silence an AOL account from 11PM and keep your work server account with normal notifications 24/7. I use Gmail as my email client. I have a filter set to forward all of the pages from my answering service to SMS. Profiles keeps SMS sound on around the clock. Unlikely that I will get anybody that wants to chat via SMS at 3AM but you never know. I think Profiles also has a whitelist program so you can blacklist all SMS except the emergency messages.

I only switched over from BB about a month ago. I would be interested in any other setup anybody has to accomplish what it seems like we're both looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908