Gmail address masking - Sending as a different address

GynormousMellon#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've set up my Gmail so that when I'm on my PC and send an email, my email address looks like another account (work address) instead of "@gmail.com". Is there a way to set that up on Android when sending from the phone?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
if you do it (change "reply to" address) on the PC side (Google.com) it will automatically do it on the Gmail side (assuming you use the Gmail App).

you can test it by sending yourself an email to another account.

i do the same thing since my company email server doesn't support Android. i simply use the "Redirect" Rule in MS Outlook (Or equivalent Rule in Lotus or Groupwise etc.) and send it to a secondary "work" Gmail address and i changed the "reply to" email address on that Gmail address to my work email address. this way you get push email for work email with no hassles and no need to be "on the grid".

GynormousMellon#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Gekko,

I've tested it through my EVO and it is only showing the Gmail address. I'm using Maildroid as my app and I can't find any settings for send as. The mail app you're referring to for Gmail, is that a down load app or is it already include on the phone.

Thanks

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Very nice update. I have another address I like to have as the sent address sometimes and this update makes it very easy.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I used to use Gmail to send mail that appeared to be from another account. At the time, Outlook and some other email clients showed mail from me as "xxxx@gmail.com on behalf of..." because of the headers Gmail included in the message. Does it still do that?

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I used to use Gmail to send mail that appeared to be from another account. At the time, Outlook and some other email clients showed mail from me as "xxxx@gmail.com on behalf of..." because of the headers Gmail included in the message. Does it still do that?

I just tested this and it shows my non Gmail address like I wanted. Nothing about on behalf of.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

time to dump Outlook and switch to Chrome with Google Gmail and Google Calendar Checker Extensions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084