1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Lookout/AVG Security

I'm torn between Lookout and AVG. I like Lookout for two simple reasons; they're the original and the back up/scream features. However I've been using AVG on my PC for years and it's very reliable, so I can't imagine that they're app would be anything but good. Also I like the fact that you can remote lock in the free one. They say that back up is coming but I'll bet probably in the paid one. I don't really want to run two. Any help would be great.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

I have been using Lookout for a long time now and I have no complaints. It is a great security app and runs flawlessly on my Incredible.

I never knew AVG had an android app though. I have to check this out. Just like you, I have been running it on PC for some time now and probably one of the best (if not the best) free anti-virus programs out. Plus AVG update their software for the PC recently and they also created a PC Tune-up program. I can only imagine what they have in store for android.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

AVG aparetly recently purchased Droid Security and are in the process of adapting it to their parameters.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy717 View Post
    AVG aparetly recently purchased Droid Security and are in the process of adapting it to their parameters.
    I thought i read the Outlook acquired Droid security. I guess I will have to do some research.

UPDATE:

so i looked it up in the market. You were right, AVG did acquire it. I could have sworn it was Lookout but i guess i was wrong.
    Last edited by Brett; 11-20-2010 at 03:32 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

I'm leaning AVG... the idea of remote lock for free is the tipping option.

Any advantages/disadvantages to using both?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jsorryman View Post
    Any advantages/disadvantages to using both?
    Not that I know of, although I have not tried it. I'm kind of a memory freak. One thing that might happen though is one might detect the other as a problem. I tried two on my PC and that is what happens.

Default Re: Lookout/AVG Security

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy717 View Post
    Not that I know of, although I have not tried it. I'm kind of a memory freak. One thing that might happen though is one might detect the other as a problem. I tried two on my PC and that is what happens.
    Yeah, that's why I asked. Hm, anybody know which one is easier on your battery?