1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App to Resize Photos to set as Wallpaper

Is there an app that will allow me to resize a photo on my EVO so that I can then use the whole picture as a wallpaper?

Thanks

Doc
    EVO 4G
    Thanked by:

You shouldn't need an app unless the image needs to be squeezed along one dimension. Just resize the crop box when setting your wallpaper. Drag one edge of the box.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    You shouldn't need an app unless the image needs to be squeezed along one dimension. Just resize the crop box when setting your wallpaper. Drag one edge of the box.
    The problem is that the crop box will not save the entire image as the wallpaper; you'll be cropping edges to make it work. Scaling/proportion will be out of wack as well.

I've been looking for an app that will do this for sometime now, perhaps someone in the App Inventor Forum can cook somehting up

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just get ifranview for your PC and resize your photos there, then just reload onto your memory card when done.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Would like to see something that is phone based. Transferring back and forth to a computer can be a hassle.

Doc
    EVO 4G

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I use Wallpaper Switcher. Can use just one pic as my wallpaper or it will rotate other pics as well. It resizes pic to fit my Evo screen really well.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Use wallpaper set and save. It's a free app.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

With Wallpaper Set and Save, it seems to only save the active wallpaper which you can then use again.

I want something that will allow me to take a photo from my Gallery and allow me set the whole photo as a wallpaper without having to crop.

Doc
    EVO 4G

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

PicSay Pro can take care of all your photo editing issues including resizing. It's worth the price for all the features in my opinion.

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Picsay is nice. Fyi, anytime a digital photo gets re sized, the quality degrades. I would use photo shop to help prevent that. Have you tried taking photos on all the size settings? I think one of them comes real close in vignette, and requires only a snip of the edge.