Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Any app that will delete all but a set number of texts

I've searched and come up with nothing, I've seen alot of apps that will delete all texts older than two weeks, all texts from certain people, but I need help finding one that will keep old texts but maybe delete all but the 50 or so most recent (doesnt have to be 50 just an example). That way it wont delete someone you hadnt talked to in awhile but your most frequent contacts wont slow down. Any suggestions?
    HTC Incredible user since 4/29/10

Global Posts
    8,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

sms backup & restore was just updated to backup selected conversations. You'll have to backup the conversations onto the sdcard, delete your texts then restore the backup.
    SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

It's a bit of a work around but it should do the job.
    Dude

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Or just mark the texts that you want to keep around as locked. Then when you delete all text messages you can opt out of deleting saved items. Not exactly what you want, I know, but maybe another option to consider.

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hcole623 View Post
    I've searched and come up with nothing, I've seen alot of apps that will delete all texts older than two weeks, all texts from certain people, but I need help finding one that will keep old texts but maybe delete all but the 50 or so most recent (doesnt have to be 50 just an example). That way it wont delete someone you hadnt talked to in awhile but your most frequent contacts wont slow down. Any suggestions?
    That's a standard feature of the paid version of "Delete Old Messages"

Delete old messages - Android app on AppBrain
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom