chateauglo

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know what app I need to be able to download library books to my Droid X. Kindle does not have any new books that are free.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to Android Central! Just wanted you to be aware that I have moved this thread into the Android Applications forum where your question can be answered easier and quicker.

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Since searching the forums for a quick and easy answer is often not (quick or easy)......

I second Aldiko. It will read most of the popular formats.
Some good sites for free ebooks.....

Baen Free Library
(mainly sci fi and fantasy)

BaenCD at the Fifth Imperium
(over 100 free baen published books by their top authors. If you have ever ventured down the sci-fi row at B&N you will recognize these books!!)

Also, you can use the kindle app and purchase books directly from Amazon. I buy from Amazon, but since I prefer Aldiko for reading, I strip the DRM from the kindle books on the PC and port them over to Aldiko.

There are lots of sites and discussions about ebooks. If you need more info, feel free to PM or email me directly. Some of the stuff skirts the "strictly legal" line (some argue my removal of DRM is wrong...its NOT! I bought the book)
so its easier to do via PM or email.

good luck and enjoy your reading.

Minx

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Laputa. There are many new free books as well. I read all three Girl with Dragon Tattoo books. All the Harry Potter Books are there as well as other new series books.

jetalc

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have some ebooks that I can download into any format (.mobi, etc.) but cant seem to get the Kindle app to stop FCing when I have imported them into my phone. Any ideas on either a reader or a way to make these ebooks work on my phone?

samurikuma

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Laputa,Aldiko & Kindel. They all have books for free that you can't get on others for free. Kindle does have free books but they are mostly older classics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2