- 11-21-2010, 03:40 PM #101
- 12-29-2010, 05:38 PM #103
- 01-01-2011, 01:01 PM #104
OMG, great to "see" you after all this time. I was one of your very first customers on Palm. TakePhone was always one of my favorites and you were one of the great responsive developers back in the Good Old Days of Palm OS.
I've finally come over to the Android Side with my Evo and low an behold here you are! Downloaded your trial and have to say loving it so far. No doubt will be buyinb before the trial is over.
- 01-01-2011, 01:44 PM #105
Here's a request. Is it possible to come up with an alternate "large" widget? I know a lot will like the current small one but the large one that came loaded on my Evo is useful when driving since its easy to hit the large photo. Problem with sticking with the stock large Favorites Widget is it does not have the last number dialed feature yours does.
- 01-02-2011, 11:38 AM #108
- 01-02-2011, 02:37 PM #110
- 27 Posts
I had this program on my Treo and really missed it on my Pre. Now that I have switched to an Epic I am thrilled to find Takephone available again. Thanks for a great program. I'm still learning the Android OS, but have found this program to be a huge improvement on the internal phone. I just wish I could program it to the default phone button.
- 01-02-2011, 08:46 PM #111
- 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM #113
A new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.40 - is available at the Android Market, and on my website ( - where you can get a full featured 30 days free trial).
- Adopt display to tablet devices.
- Option for QWERTY keyboard (check out "Find/Dial" tab section in preferences, need to hide T9 keypad to use the qwerty keyboard).
- Send contact from call log details, too.
- Purge filtered calls from call log (to allow deleting all calls to a contact).
- Greek language search.
- Droid Pro keyboard fix.
- 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM #116
Hi. I am trying your app. I downloaded it from your website.
I have tried it before, and ended up refunding because of ONE little issue - I sometimes want to see all my contacts, like the stock People app, but couldn't find a way to do this in your app.
Since yesterday, I have found that if you search on *, it will show all your contacts - but it's slow and the keyboard is hard to hide (I swipe it down; is this right?) Anyway, is there any way you can either incorporate People in some way, or make the current way more efficient? Although search on * is kind of kludgy, I can live with it if it works better.
If it had a separate contacts tab like Youlu, it would be fantastic!
Other than that, GREAT app!
Last edited by Runnin_it; 01-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.
- 01-13-2011, 10:21 PM #118
- 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM #120
Just released version 1.44 of aTAKEphONE - the enhanced contact dialer for Android devices.
aTAKEphONE changes the way you use your phone - T9 smart search, Fast & easy favorites, call-log and a dial-by-photo!
- Search company, notes, numbers.
- Multi language.
- Multiple skins.
- Auto-remove missed call icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' and '+' in numbers.
- Send contacts.
You can get aTAKEphONE at the Android Market, or you can get it at my website: ,
where there's a full featured 30 days free trial.
Version 1.47 just released at the Android Market and at my own website ()
- Fixed menu graphics for Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3).
- Clearing missed call/s icon no longer works on Gingerbread (blocked by Google), so restored "go to system call log" menu option.
- Fixed numbers search.
As always - you can get the full featured 30 days trial at my website.
- 05-06-2011, 08:26 PM #125