DoubleTwist 1.2 update: wifi syncing is here!

cmdoptesc47

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The doubletwist program on my computer cant find my device. Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and force closing the app on my phone and relaunching, rebooting both the phone and the computer. Anyone else?

HTC Incredible 2.2
Macbook Pro 10.6.5

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, for anyone who can't get doubleTwist on their computer to find their device when attempting to sync for the first time. Assuming you have the proper access, go into your router settings and disable anything that says "block multicast" or "filter multicast" or something to that affect. In some cases, your router might have the option to turn multicast on/off. Whatever the configuration, you want multicast to be unrestricted.

Once you've done that, see if doubleTwist will sync with your phone.

I found the solution in a thread on the doubleTwist forum (they are attempting to troubleshoot the issue with several users posting the same problem over there). Disabling the "filter multicast" worked like a charm for me.

Now, all is well!

Hope this helps.

-SR-

PS: I wonder if this is the same reason I couldn't get Winamp to find my device either. Hmmmm...

BroncoTed

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
No problems here between an Evo and Macbook Pro 10.6.5. Very smooth, easy interface; looks just like iTunes. Currently I'm using the large widget in place of the stock HTC music widget.

Also very noteworthy, is that the sync feature also works in reverse, meaning if you want to delete a song/item off of your phone, all you need to do is select and delete while still synced - Don't know if this is common knowledge already with the 'sync crowd,' but it was a pretty cool discovery for me.

anon(94908)

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got an Evo, a Win7 box, and my router's a pfSense box. Any suggestions on multicasting? To my knowledge, pfSense doesn't have any options for it.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Works great and very fast, however the desktop app still runs a bit slow at times. So far this is the best solution for syncing media to and from your Android. Although I would love to see Google address this so I don't need all the apps just handle purchasing music, playing music, syncing/playing podcasts and now the Airsync app.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get it to find my device but every wifi sync fails. Synced over wire and it said there was a problem and now im not able to access my music until I re sync. Always problems.

terryzx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Works for me mostly but very SLOW since I have 10k+ songs. I did notice that a few playlists that appeared just showed up empty while on iTunes all songs show. It would be nice to have a gauge that fills to shows the completion when you have to re-sync playlists. Considerably easier than used a wired connection though.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
While I did get it to work...I think, as far as I can tell there is no support for pictures. I also have to keep DT running to make the sync work and the program is an incredible resource hog.

I think tunesync does a better job (even though it has slight less features) because it just runs in the background and updates my phone without thinking about it.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
D Inc, and Windows XP. It took a reboot of the phone and the double twist desktop but then no problems with it the sync was actually faster than the cable sync and no ten minutes of it syncing and nothing happening. Does any one know why I can only see my SD card and not my phone itself any more though? I have loved the app since I downloaded it when my "other" media player died. The computer version can be a little slow to respond at times but other than that I have loved the whole experience so far.

nc_carol

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
wireless means no wires right?

I got nuthin (sigh) Day 2: installed, removed and reinstalled the desktop client yesterday. I have no issues with usb (but I can do that with any of the multitude of free programs I already have), but the desktop doesn't recognize my device (HTC EVO). Just sent in the error log to DT. We'll see what they say.

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Talk about battery drain! Sure, the sync works fine. I installed DT on my laptop and phone, synced some music to test, and wen about my day. However, by 11am (I had synced at 8 after pulling the phone off the charger) my phone had dropped to 40%. Turns out it continued to run rogue. As soon as I killed it battery drain was back to normal. You have been warned!

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought it, installed it and no go. My EVO 4G shows up in the new doubleTwist client on my Windows 7 64 PC, but I get a network error every time it try to sync. I checked and multicasting is disabled for my router and I even rebooted my router.

I sent my error log to doubleTwist. We'll see what they say.