USA Today for Android

DJInBoise

Dec 20, 2009
www.gigadroid.com
Have a need for the news while on the go? USA Today for Android has you covered with this easy to use news app.

I downloaded this app because I like the ability to share news stories with my friends, Twitter followers and Facebook friends. USA Today for Android lets you share news stories across many different platforms.

The app opens to Top News Headlines and lets you navigation through the different headlines like Money, Sports, Life, Tech and more.

Sports scores and Weather are a finger tip away, along with photos and snapshot surveys and polls.
zpn.cs.png

One of my favorite tabs is the Pictures tab on the main screen. Browse through photos taken that day or during the week. There are several different categories to choose from for your viewing pleasure.

Have this app already? Do you like it? Recommend another news app? Why not leave some comments below and help your fellow Android users make a choice?

You can download this app direct to your android phone. Just scan the QR code below with Barcode Scanner application from Android Market:
chart

DJ
GigaDroid.com

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I had been running this app on my Droid Eris for a few weeks. Today I had to hard reset my phone and now I cannot find the USA Today app in the market. The above barcode also goes to a dead link.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had been running this app on my Droid Eris for a few weeks. Today I had to hard reset my phone and now I cannot find the USA Today app in the market. The above barcode also goes to a dead link.

I did a search for USA Today in the Market and it came right up.

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I did a search for USA Today in the Market and it came right up.
Thanks for testing. I had someone try it on a Droid and it worked too.

Did you try on a Droid Eris?

Also, you see the one by publisher USA Today? I think there is also one by Androidz publisher.

Last edited:

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Not on my Eris. It doesn't show in the market and when I use the barcode it says "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.usatoday.android.news".

It worked a few weeks ago when I got my phone, and it was installed right before I had to hard reset today. Frustrating. One of my favorite apps.

Is there some place that the market entry can be inspected to see if it has a minimum OS version now or something?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I use it almost daily on my Eris and have experienced absolutely no problems. I like it a lot. As much as I prefer the content of something like Fox News, this is a great interface, so I just use both. USAT tends to get a bit more use because of the sports. As an aside, I've never understood why FNC and Fox Sports have never tied in to one another on the web. I'm assuming they're related.... oh well.

No problems with USA Today on my Eris. Before or after the OTA update.

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Cool. I was just wondering if it was only my device. I suspect that when they published the new version they tweaked the requirements such that it doesn't show up as Eris compatible any longer. Sucks because it worked perfectly.

I think google should improve the transparency of the application requirements.. would have saved me a lot of trouble.

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Oops forgot to update this thread. I got a response back from mercuryintermedia saying it now requires OS 1.6.

Sorry fellow Eris owners. No USA Today for us!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Oops forgot to update this thread. I got a response back from mercuryintermedia saying it now requires OS 1.6.

Sorry fellow Eris owners. No USA Today for us!

Weird - I was using mine just today and haven't had any problems of any kind since I downloaded it. Go figure.