iHeartRadio Issues and a Question

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All:

Those of us running Froyo (OS 2.2) know that the current versions of iHeartRadio do not work with our devices. I've read via the iHeartRadio twitter and facebook accounts that they expect a new version in "a few weeks"... however with a little digging you will find they've been promising a new version "in a few weeks" for months.

For those who don't know, iHeartRadio exclusively streams Clear Channel stations and shows (for example TuneInRadio does not stream such stations as z100 in NYC, dc101 in DC, real radio in Orlando, KIIS in LA, etc).

Does anyone know an alternative media player that WILL stream Clear Channel stations?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts!

-Brian

jmg_EVO21

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I need my fill of KFI640... It's OK on an EVO for me... what I CANNOT do is add favorite stations, anytime I do, it crashes and deleted my previous favorite stations.

Otherwise I can stream a station, no problem.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I download my fav kfi shows as podcast, normally just Handle on the law. Works well.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I Heart Radio blows. Get TuneIn Radio. It offers a lot more station choices and works perfectly.

Tune In works pretty good. And you know what sucks? It has all my local radio
stations worth listening to except the ONE freaking AM station that I listen to
so I can hear Phil Hendrie in the evenings lol

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
iheartradio is sketchy for me as well, running 2.1 on Aria, on wifi. It will run for a minute or so, and then will start buffering and will never come back.