1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Accidentally deleted Google Places, where I can redownload it from?

So I guess when I was deleted apps, I accidentally deleted Google Places and didn't realize it. Total bummer.
    Does anyone know where I can redownload this app from? I can't find it on the market. Can't find it via Google search either

I don't have a clue where you can download but do you realize that the places app is built in the Google maps app... it's located on the top left. This is the one I use so that I can utilize the space for other icons.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the lastest Google maps updates because that was part of one of the Google maps updates... this is why you won't see it in the market.
    Last edited by kinster02; 12-07-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Kinster is correct. If you're referring to the "Places" shortcut in the app drawer, I believe that is just a shortcut to the Places section in Google Maps. The Places button is found at the top, and looks like a pinpoint.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I feel really stupid here, but I just don't see that icon...

I updated Maps before I took this screen shot. I hit the options button and I still don't see anything at the top of the screen.
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

That doesn't look like an up-to-date Maps to me...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hmm.. you're right. Apparently the update I was prompted to do was not the most recent. The most recent update I had to go in and search for maps and do it manually. Which is odd, but regardless, I now have Places back.
    Thanks for the help!