New Facebook Update

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Installed the new update and turned off notifications, but the notifications still pop up on my phone. Uninstalled the updates, then installed them again and turned off notifications, yet there they are at the top of my phone... Any suggestions?

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Installed the new update and turned off notifications, but the notifications still pop up on my phone. Uninstalled the updates, then installed them again and turned off notifications, yet there they are at the top of my phone... Any suggestions?

Didnt you read that it comes with push notification?

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Push notifications are notifications that are pushed to your device the moment they come in, rather than the previous way which was the App would have to "refresh" every 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, whatever you had it set to in order to receive notifications. If you turned off all notifications and they're still showing up, even after an uninstall it may appear that this is a flaw we have found in the app which doesn't allow you disable push notifications. I'll try to look into this some more.

Reactions: Deegan

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
dont' think u can. push notifications are what blackberry users have had for years.. basically instead of the phone polling, or asking, the server for notifications on a time alloted basis (ie, every 15 minutes) which can be battery intensive, the "cloud" so to speak sends you the info as soon as it gets it. the upside is supposed to be that you save battery life by not polling and you revieve your notifications almost instantly

Reactions: Deegan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2