Simple Lock Screen with custom background.

Vangoh

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I was browsing through the web and the android market but I just couldn't find a simple alternative lock screen to save my life.

What I mean by simple is just a lock screen that would let me choose back ground and maybe just MAYBE that will let me change the lock's look.

There are a bunch of others but they suck, screen suite and lock 2.0 kind of suck and lock bot is hella cool with the customization but it blows in terms of lag and productivity.

So I'm just looking for an alternative lock screen that overruns the native lock screen and that has custom background option, is that too much to ask?

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and good day.

karyney

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just bought WidgetLocker Lockscreen and while you CAN have widgets on your lockscreen you can also just change the wallpaper and the type of lock.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I experience No lagging issues with WidgetLocker, but I'm not sure about unlock styles. What it does have are four options when unlocking: 1. simply unlocking; 2. adjusting screen's brightness; 3. ringer's options; 4. camera app (directly going there as you unlock screen). Unlike "lockbot," which has been reported to have lagging and stability issues, WidgetLocker appears more stable. Try them both and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I also just started using Widget Locker and it's great so far. I put a custom slider on the screen to call my wife and for 911 (kids) and the Simi clock widget. Looks great, no lag.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for recommending widget locker it does exactly what I wanted and much more! Any issues with battery life or things like that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I used it for a short period of time on my Fascinate and never noticed any significant change in battery life. The only reason I uninstalled it was because it hung a bit too much for my liking, but others don't seem to be having this issue so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have issue when unlocking to diaper? I slide the dialer and it takes me to default lock screen and I have to slide that before I get to dialer. Am I missing a setting or something?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk