Pimlical For Android

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just cruising the Pimlico Software site and noticed that their Android Calendar App is out. All you Datebk users might be interested in this. Any thought or user experience comments? Excited about this, but would love some user feedback.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Loaded it last night. Has some real promise. Lot's to explore and learn. Intro priced right now.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Had Jorte. Repeating events weren't showing correctly on calendar. No response from developer. Deleted.

Had DateBk (Pimlical predecessor) on my Palm. Worked great. Developer was and is super responsive. Bought as soon as it became available. Also have desktop version.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Have not noticed any device slowing. Still need to do some extensive testing, but like it so far. If you are looking for simple this isn't it. If you want Datebk on your Android, it has finally arrived!

dandrumheller

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
A Very good start!

I just happened to check the pimlico software website last night, and noted that Pimlical was available for Android now. As a former Palm user (and avid DateBk fan) I have been periodically checking. After seeing it was available, I did a little digging but couldn't really find any reviews. Since I was always happy with DateBk, I bit the bullet and spent the 5 bucks.

I haven't had a lot of time yet to dig into the app, but initially it appears to be a pretty close analog of the old DateBk features. It includes the one thing that I really miss...floating appointments!

While there isn't a trial period on this app, I was willing to risk the 5 bucks, as I have had good luck with other software by this developer. There are still some features in development, but the customizations and gesture controls alone make this app worth the money.

Once I dig into the app some more, I'll try to post up a more in-depth review.

FWIW, I also grabbed the pocket informant beta last night as well, so maybe I'll do a comparison - I was using PI on my BlackBerries which I had between the Palm and Android devices.

Here's a link to the developer's home page: Pimlico Software home page

And no, I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Since shortly after my last post, I have been using PimlicalA exclusively. I too love the floats and one simple feature I loved on Datebk: the ability to attach contacts to tasks and appointments.

I use it sans desktop companion.

It syncs with the cloud effectively; my biggest gripe is that it does not sync with any cloud based task management service (such as the way Pocket Informant syncs with Toddledo). All in all, I am quite pleased.

CESD also does a good job of spitting out updates.