1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone Else Looking Forward to UberTwitter For Android?

The devs said it would be coming in 6 weeks, which was about 3 weeks ago.
    It might be hard to get away from the color customization I love in Plume (Touiteur)
    Hopefully we'll see it this month. Anyone else looking forward to trying this out?
    Ex BlackBerry users should know how awesome this app is.
    Last edited by PhoenixMike; 01-03-2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Thanked by:
    ShaLea 

I did like UberTwitter when I had my BlackBerry, will be interested to see what they do with it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I'm looking for an excellent Twitter app. I can't wait for it to get here. Currently I'm using the stock one. Plume, for some reason don't update my post immediately. It takes too long to show my updates.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

It will really have to knock it out of the park to pull me away from Tweetdeck.
    Thanked by:
    MsRed 

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

I did like UberTwitter when I had my BlackBerry, although I ended up switching to SocialScope since it integrated with Facebook.

It will be interesting to see what UberTwitter brings to the table. I don't know if it can replace TweetDeck, though.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Ubertwitter was the better twitter app when on blackberry. Let's see what happens with android. Im guessing it will be just as good if not better.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

I loved it on Blackberry, but now I am looking forward to a twitter client that utilizes push notifications. I wouldn't see any need to switch from Tweetcaster (which I really like) unless push is integrated... and I doubt this will show up in a Ubertwitter 1.0 product.
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Tweetissimo has push been using it for while

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know for sure it has been pretty sub-par on the iPhone so far. I used it
    on my BB and liked it. Hopefully it's just as good for Android. I've done
    Tweetcaster, TweetDeck, and Plume. Right now I just use Seesmic and
    the official app along with TwitPlus (add-on). I like Plume but it just feels
    messy to me. And I hate that the official twitter app doesn't save your place
    on the timeline when it updates.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    I know for sure it has been pretty sub-par on the iPhone so far. I used it
    on my BB and liked it. Hopefully it's just as good for Android. I've done
    Tweetcaster, TweetDeck, and Plume. Right now I just use Seesmic and
    the official app along with TwitPlus (add-on). I like Plume but it just feels
    messy to me. And I hate that the official twitter app doesn't save your place
    on the timeline when it updates.
    I noticed that, too. It didn't look nearly as good for the iPhone and was missing a lot of features, but it was beta and said to be getting more updates. I keep hoping the Android version doesn't get released while it is seriously lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMike View Post
    I noticed that, too. It didn't look nearly as good for the iPhone and was missing a lot of features, but it was beta and said to be getting more updates. I keep hoping the Android version doesn't get released while it is seriously lacking.
    Even though it would be a 1.0 Ubertwitter, I get the feeling the Android version
    will be better out of the gate than the iPhone version. Who knows what kinds of
    limitations they've had with Apple.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    I did like UberTwitter when I had my BlackBerry, although I ended up switching to SocialScope since it integrated with Facebook.

It will be interesting to see what UberTwitter brings to the table. I don't know if it can replace TweetDeck, though.
    Same thing. I loved SocialScope on my Blackberry, as it integrated everything and it was my go to app.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    Even though it would be a 1.0 Ubertwitter, I get the feeling the Android version
    will be better out of the gate than the iPhone version. Who knows what kinds of
    limitations they've had with Apple.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. I hope there are no delays...
    I remember reading about them planning an Android version very early in the year while I was still on a BlackBerry.
    Hopefully they had enough time to polish it.

Socialscope is supposed to be hitting Android with something soon... but yep, I was a fan of Ubertwitter as well.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Has anyone heard any updates on when its supposed to be released? I searched everywhere but didn't find anything.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

I wish they would get socialscope for Android. Had it on my Blackberry and loved it.

I didn't even know this was coming but thanks for heads up. I am looking forward to this.

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

anyone know any more details on this like eta or any info at all? curious to see how this turns out!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

They have been tweeting this for a year. Do hope its true.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    They have been tweeting this for a year. Do hope its true.
    Its true and definitely coming. The devs confirmed this.
    Should be released within weeks.

Can't wait. Meanwhile I barely discovered Twicca. It's still in beta but on
    the market and is by far the best twitter app since using Android.

Yes! I can't wait for this to come out for android!! If its anything like ubertwitter for blackberry it will be the best app for twitter! None of the apps currently have all the features it had. I really miss it!!

Put me in the camp with former BB owners that liked it and now use TweetDeck. I'm a big fan and it would have to be really spectacular to get me to switch. I'll check it out though.
    Droid Bionic----->Samsung Galaxy S4, not rooted
    VZW