New to Android and got a question

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You would have to chat a ton plus send/receive a lot of email to hit 5GB in a month.

If you were emailing (and receiving) big attachments, or streaming a lot of music, you might get close. If you're streaming video, or tethering to your laptop then you would want to "watch out".

I can't imagine hitting anywhere near 5GB if you're just IM'ing.

-AJ

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't even come close to worrying about IMing exceeding your 5gb a month.

EDIT: For a round about number, normal to heavy usage would most likely be around 50mb-100mb.

Last edited:

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya you should be good like the other poster said using the internet I really wouldn't do unless you have an unlimited internet plan but I use my phone for everything I live on my phone any chance I get I'm checking what people say or respond to me and I use the internet to download my files and roms and when i had ATT I used there 2gb data plan in maybe 8 hours or 1day so just check on it periodically ya it a pain in the a$$ but hey it saves you money but if your just using I'm all day you should be really ok

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

squeegee#AC

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I can use wiring at home, so that helps. I only use it for weather, forums like this, facebook and IM. Thanks for the help and pointing me to the.counter apparently.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're not downloading tons of things each day..then you don't have anything to worry about.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Kinda geeky, but you would have to average more than 165MB per day to go over the 5BG cap. Unless you are downloading a lot of video, streaming a lot of music, downloading podcasts or using a data-intensive app, you won't hit those numbers easily.

Plus, if you are using wifi at all, those times will not use any of your data allotment.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The closest I've ever come to hitting 5GB was 2, and that was during a period of time when I was away from WiFi for an extended period (over two weeks) and streaming a lot of YouTube videos and doing a decent amount of web browsing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech