Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Anybody know if I freeze Social Networking and Social Messaging if Facebook app will still work? Not sure if they are tied in or not. So those are two I have not frozen yet.

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Seems like a really interesting app. Not to hot about havin to root to use it though. I'm sure I can manage to root fine but Im kind of avoiding it at the moment.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by LMO View Post
    Anybody know if I freeze Social Networking and Social Messaging if Facebook app will still work? Not sure if they are tied in or not. So those are two I have not frozen yet.
    Give it a shot, the beauty of freezing is you can defrost if it doesnt work

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Is there a quick unfreeze that will unfreeze all of your frozen apps at the same time? In the event of an OTA update coming out, it would be nice to just do a "one-click" thing instead of spending several minutes scrolling, tapping, scrolling, tapping...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Is there a quick unfreeze that will unfreeze all of your frozen apps at the same time? In the event of an OTA update coming out, it would be nice to just do a "one-click" thing instead of spending several minutes scrolling, tapping, scrolling, tapping...
    Menu -> Defrost All

So, I may have frozen something bad that borked the google apps. My gMail still syncs, but FCs if I have any new mail. (The new mail is successfully there when I reopen the app.) However, one of the the things broken is Market downloading, which means I can't get the update, which means I'm stuck in the death-spiral of the latest bug that requires the update to open the app.

Help, please. If there was a way to 1) unfreeze all with another app or 2) sideload the update so I can unfreeze stuff the old fashioned way I would be ecstatic.

Thanks for reading these forums and staying on top of things. Says a lot.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by DesolationRobot View Post
    So, I may have frozen something bad that borked the google apps. My gMail still syncs, but FCs if I have any new mail. (The new mail is successfully there when I reopen the app.) However, one of the the things broken is Market downloading, which means I can't get the update, which means I'm stuck in the death-spiral of the latest bug that requires the update to open the app.

Help, please. If there was a way to 1) unfreeze all with another app or 2) sideload the update so I can unfreeze stuff the old fashioned way I would be ecstatic.

Thanks for reading these forums and staying on top of things. Says a lot.
    Shoot me an email, BloatFreezer-gmail.com, and I'll get it all taken care of for you.

Hello,

I am looking for a clarification point here. There is a lot of talk on this thread and on moving/deleting apps thread about not being able to receive OTA updates if you move/delete system apps. With this, you say just defrost them (which makes perfect sense) but do you have to unroot too? Or will the OTA updates still work while rooted?

thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for a clarification point here. There is a lot of talk on this thread and on moving/deleting apps thread about not being able to receive OTA updates if you move/delete system apps. With this, you say just defrost them (which makes perfect sense) but do you have to unroot too? Or will the OTA updates still work while rooted?

thanks
    Normally no, the reason that the OTAs fail, is because the carriers put checks in the OTA that tell it to check for the system apps, if they arent there, it fails. They could just as easily put in a check for the superuser.apk, but I have never heard of this happening. OTA updates will nearly ALWAYS unroot your phone anyways, so then you just root your phone again after the update.
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

When the Froyo OTA came out, I was rooted and received it just fine. The only problem was that after the update I was no longer rooted and needed to re-root. I just used Z4root and was good to go.

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by modplan View Post
    Normally no, the reason that the OTAs fail, is because the carriers put checks in the OTA that tell it to check for the system apps, if they arent there, it fails. They could just as easily put in a check for the superuser.apk, but I have never heard of this happening. OTA updates will nearly ALWAYS unroot your phone anyways, so then you just root your phone again after the update.
    Thanks for the quick response. I am purchasing a thunderbolt within the next couple of days so I have been researching all these things so I know what I want to do when I get the phone. Your app sounds like a great option, and I'll definitely give it a try.

Thunderbolt purchased, rooted and bloat frozen! w00t!

Just found this thread and glad to see the sale is still going on.

Since it's cheaper then a order of fries at McDonalds, gonna check this app out...
    You guys using it notice a large difference in battery life?

(Just posted this over on Phandroid, but then noticed you hadn't logged in there for a bit... sorry all for the crosspost.)

Hi Dev,

I just rooted last night and this looks like exactly what I need, as getting rid of unwanted apps is pretty much all I want to do at the moment and I would really still like to be able to get OTA updates without any problems.

I have a few questions about this app, since I'm new to rooting. Hopefully you'll see this post

1. Will this help with the "Application Data Space is Low" issue on my HTC Incredible?

2. Do I need to clear out app data before I freeze the app, or will it be "removed" (and therefore not counting towards my limit) automatically?

3. Have you (or anyone else reading this) frozen the HTC Mail app? If so, does it interfere with anything else in Sense UI? I'm thinking specifically of the Mail area under each contact.

Thanks!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by xfuchsiax View Post
    (Just posted this over on Phandroid, but then noticed you hadn't logged in there for a bit... sorry all for the crosspost.)

Hi Dev,

I just rooted last night and this looks like exactly what I need, as getting rid of unwanted apps is pretty much all I want to do at the moment and I would really still like to be able to get OTA updates without any problems.

I have a few questions about this app, since I'm new to rooting. Hopefully you'll see this post

1. Will this help with the "Application Data Space is Low" issue on my HTC Incredible?

2. Do I need to clear out app data before I freeze the app, or will it be "removed" (and therefore not counting towards my limit) automatically?

3. Have you (or anyone else reading this) frozen the HTC Mail app? If so, does it interfere with anything else in Sense UI? I'm thinking specifically of the Mail area under each contact.

Thanks!
    1. No, moving apps to your SD card will fix this issue.
    2. It will be removed in most cases, but it may not be until after a reboot.
    3. I actually use it for my work email, so I haven't. It shouldnt be something that would prevent your phone from booting, so you should be able to freeze it and give it a shot and defrost if you have problems.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

We are looking to translate bloat freezer to other languages! If you are fluent in another language than english and would like to translate, please email or PM me!

Default Re: Bloat Freezer - Freeze your Preinstalled System Apps

my systemapp keeps freezing up i start it and click on a app and it gets stuck any idea im using a samsung infuse

Hey guys please check out my kick starter page
    Thanks!

What happened to this app? It's not on the market anymore.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Is this app still available? I would love to try it. I don't know anything about it but hate the bloatware on my HTC status.........
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123