Two Issues: One GMail, One FaceBook

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello all I have two questions I am trying to get answered.

First Facebook does not seem to be updating my contacts' pictures and the info that it shows in their contact info like their statuses and stuff. The app works fine its just the part about pulling the info down for the contacts that is an issue. Could this be because I use LauncherPro?

The Gmail issue I am having is I have an e-mail with an attachment (song) that I need to download. The attachment keeps saying "Preview" and never lets me download. Why is this and can I get it to actually download?

Thanks for the help!

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What kind of phone do you have? If I'm not mistaken, the Facebook app doesn't sync contact pictures, if that's what you're referring to. On my X, a Facebook account has to be added under My Accounts to sync contacts, pictures and their status from Facebook. I personally don't won't all of my Facebook contacts on my phone, or even want to see their status (just use the app for that), so I use SyncMyPix to only sync contact pictures with the contacts on my phone.

Sorry, haven't seen the Gmail issue. Can't help you there.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Gmail issue I am having is I have an e-mail with an attachment (song) that I need to download. The attachment keeps saying "Preview" and never lets me download. Why is this and can I get it to actually download?

This isn't so much as a solution as a work-around. For some reason, the Gmail app doesn't let you download attachments directly. :(

So, the way to download the attachments is to go to Gmail through your android browser and log in to the mobile site. When you open an email with an attachment, you will have the option to download the attachment.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What kind of phone do you have? If I'm not mistaken, the Facebook app doesn't sync contact pictures, if that's what you're referring to. On my X, a Facebook account has to be added under My Accounts to sync contacts, pictures and their status from Facebook. I personally don't won't all of my Facebook contacts on my phone, or even want to see their status (just use the app for that), so I use SyncMyPix to only sync contact pictures with the contacts on my phone.

Sorry, haven't seen the Gmail issue. Can't help you there.

Phone information probably would have been helpful huh?

I use a Droid Incredible running LauncherPro. On HTC phones a person's contact info can be linked to their FB account to sync the pictures. Seems like the link with Facebook stopped working around November. That may have been when I started using LP again so I was wondering if that caused the issue.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This isn't so much as a solution as a work-around. For some reason, the Gmail app doesn't let you download attachments directly. :(

So, the way to download the attachments is to go to Gmail through your android browser and log in to the mobile site. When you open an email with an attachment, you will have the option to download the attachment.

Wow that is weird, and kind of lame.