Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Tracks - GPS for hiking, etc

I downloaded this a while back and just got my first chance to use it this weekend. It plotted my course pretty well, but was off majorly in some key areas. I was out mountain biking in the mtns of NC and (1) it told me my max speed was 427 km/hr (I know I'm fast in the downhill - but not THAT fast!), (2) it said my total distance was 50miles (not even!), and (3) my average moving speed was 45mph and my elevation gain was 39,127 ft! None of this was accurate even if I was driving with it on -- and I was on my mtn bike on ice and snow covered trails, so I wasn't even going half my usual speed.

Anybody else use this app and run into problems like this? It's a great idea for an app, but this is ridiculous!
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm guessing that you pocketed it, and it kept losing the satellite signal. And that it kept jumping from satellite data to cell tower data.

Sounds like a great way to get the miles in.