Would love advice on a weather app

MamaBee#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am a new android user, just come over from a BlackBerry. I have done searches on these forums for apps that would be similar to BerryWeather and read through them.

My question comes at this from a different angle. I am not so concerned with the radar maps as a simple icon on my homescreen. I currently have a widget that is a bar, and I don't find it visually appealing.

Are there any weather apps that will put just a small widget on my screen that has current conditions and hi/lo?

MamaBee#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check out Beautiful Widgets. Coming from BB I'm sure you heard of WeatherBug...it's also for Android in the market.

Thank you. I have heard very good things about Beautiful Widgets. Definitely going to be looking into that!

Just downloaded WeatherBug and it was exactly what I was looking for! Love that I can customize the background and text to match my wallpaper.

Thank you for your help! :)

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful widgets along with Radar Now. I also have Mycast Weather Lite to fill in the gaps from BW. I paid for Weather Bug Elite but that thing seems to want to update only when it wants to so its sitting on the sidelines.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I used to use beautiful widgets. Now im using fancy widget pro (which uses weatherbug as the provider and I find most accurate) along with using weatherbug elite for more detailed forecasts.

MamaBee#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and went with Beautiful Widgets, because we live in a small town and accuweather has our town listed and weatherbug does not.

Love it!

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Another Fancy Widget user here (linked over to the Weather Bug app). With the two apps together, it gives me something pretty close to what I had with Berry Weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37