Facebook Notifications are now...

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I managed to install Bloo on Sprint HTC Hero(Its not published as compatible with my phone). It worked pretty good but never could update my status.

aergern

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app for Android is usable on a base level and is pretty much what the first Facebook app for iPhone was. Is it a good app .. hell no. Is even close to the iPhone's Facebook app .. no way. Will it ever get improved .. most likely but not until they have no choice and Android has more then 3.4% of the smartphone market. Like with any other platform the devs will be pulled into it kicking and screaming because they figure if they have the most used platform covered then **** the rest. This happened when Windows was perceived to have 91% of the market .. most webdevs could care less about Safari/Webkit but now they can't ignore it because OS X is quite popular. To this day Linux STILL has craptastic support in many areas ie. browser plugins, apps such as Photoshop/Quicken and a great many other areas.

I think once Samsung, Motorola and the rest of the handset makers have brought Android up to the 9-15% of the total market range that we'll see improvement but for now apps like Facebook will look like the retarded little brother of the iPhone app. Sad but true.

vzwdroidtech

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
"New" FB app a BUST!

working! Finally... Yeah, I know there is a huge Facebook thread but I figured I'd start a new one for a fresh start.

Notifications are now working again for me. Hope it's working for you.

As a test, used my friends account to send me a message after I had installed the updated FB (the one I couldn't download before the poke). My email got poked, but my DROID stayed silent.

Oh, well... maybe in 2.1

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am glad that my Moment will finally display notifications again, but they don't push to the phone...well not to the facebook app. I created a gmail account, added it to FB, set for all of my notifications to push to that account, and then added it to my Moment. I know it's a workaround, but I didnt want 2 facebook apps on my phone.

I converted from a Blackberry, and it may not have had the fantastic iPhone app, but it worked well, as long as there wasn't a BlackBerry outage(reason I gave up up on the BB)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
As a test, used my friends account to send me a message after I had installed the updated FB (the one I couldn't download before the poke). My email got poked, but my DROID stayed silent.

Oh, well... maybe in 2.1

You make sure notifications were turned on and a time interval turned on? (Just checking...)

freaksnail

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
?????

My notifications are working fine. The problem I am having is with my sms notifications. I use the DROID 2 with Verizon. I had set up my notifications where you "activate" facebook mobile by texting "F" to 32665 and it sends you a code. So I decided to delete my number from the mobile site and resend the text. Well that was a mistake because before I could update my status through sms, I was just not receiving my top friends status updates....now totally nothing....I found this thread in FB help...doesn't really help though. Any suggestions?
cant get sms to my phone | Facebook

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app for Android is usable on a base level and is pretty much what the first Facebook app for iPhone was. Is it a good app .. hell no. Is even close to the iPhone's Facebook app .. no way. Will it ever get improved .. most likely but not until they have no choice and Android has more then 3.4% of the smartphone market. Like with any other platform the devs will be pulled into it kicking and screaming because they figure if they have the most used platform covered then **** the rest. This happened when Windows was perceived to have 91% of the market .. most webdevs could care less about Safari/Webkit but now they can't ignore it because OS X is quite popular. To this day Linux STILL has craptastic support in many areas ie. browser plugins, apps such as Photoshop/Quicken and a great many other areas.

I think once Samsung, Motorola and the rest of the handset makers have brought Android up to the 9-15% of the total market range that we'll see improvement but for now apps like Facebook will look like the ******ed little brother of the iPhone app. Sad but true.

Android has more market % then iOS does now in the US. Just sayin

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...et-share-figures-android-domination-imminent/
http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/mobile/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229000356
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-mobile-web-usage-climbing-while-others-fall

Last edited:

as4life

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
F Plus is a really good alternative to Facebook app. Dev updates app frequently.

Sent from my CM7 Powered device

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My widget will not update since Thursday!!!!
Today is Monday! WTF?
I have reset my device and just setup facbook thinking that it's another app but nope same thing.
This is a PITA!

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I get no notifications. And I get an error overtime I post a status even though it actually posts what I wrote and the words stay in the text box. I hope they fix it soon. It's a real pain. It's even doing that on the mobile site.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My widget will not update since Thursday!!!!
Today is Monday! WTF?
I have reset my device and just setup facbook thinking that it's another app but nope same thing.
This is a PITA!

Mine does the same thing. The widget updates if I open the Facebook app and go back out to the widget, but then a couple hours later the widget "refreshes" back to Thursday morning. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook application on Android is just ridiculous. Notifications work when they feel like... I haven't got any notifications for a while, I have to open up the full page to see notifications. This is just a disgrace. I hope they'll fix this unacceptable disaster.

Feed back for this app should be sent to the developer(s), or HTC. This is why the IPhone will always continue to be the most favourable phone than Android.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
FB notifications on my Android are basically non existent.. I never receive notifications unless I open the app then hit the back button. I already had a junk mail account for the same problem with my BlackBerry, so I just receive emails for comments and such

anon(30244)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. The widget updates if I open the Facebook app and go back out to the widget, but then a couple hours later the widget "refreshes" back to Thursday morning. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.
same thing here - the widget either goes back to this past Thursday's statuses or this past Saturday's. I have left comments for the dev everywhere I could possibly do so, and thought I should try coming here to the forums today. I've not heard any word on whether they are even looking into it or not!!! Since this is a stock app, I would think Google would have some sort of leash on the devs in terms of app maintenance, but it seems otherwise.