1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Question Alternative Gallery App on Froyo?

Hello AC Forums!
    I'm curious is anyone knows of any alternative apps to the default Gallery app on Froyo. I don't want a photo editor or anything like that, just something to view the pictures on.

I ask because on my Hero it seems to be a little buggy. If my accelerometer shifts then all the pictures take on this split deinterlaced effect. Same thing if I cut my screen off or it times out while browsing photos. If an photo is up & the accelerometer turns on then the photo I'm looking at splits; half is at a 90-degree angle from the rest of the picture.

So just looking for a simple alternative; it doesn't have to upload to Facebook or anything special (if it does that's fine too).

Thank you all to anyone who can assist!
    HTC Hero - Sprint | ClockworkMod | RockSolid GingerSense, Android 2.3
    Nook Color CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3

Fear denies Faith
    Samsung BlackJack II>HTC Touch Pro>HTC Hero
    Nook Color

3D gallery is nice.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

I was unhappy with the time it takes the built-in gallery to load each album. I'm now using JustPictures and am fairly happy with it.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Thank you both for replying! I downloaded Gallery3D but it doesn't show up in my app drawer. But I have got JustPictures working & it's very simple, direct. Liking it so far.
    HTC Hero - Sprint | ClockworkMod | RockSolid GingerSense, Android 2.3
    Nook Color CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3

Fear denies Faith
    Samsung BlackJack II>HTC Touch Pro>HTC Hero
    Nook Color
    Thanked by:
    RickMG 

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts

Hey Guys, this is just what I was looking for. I cannot stand how the included gallery on my EVO only has the option of seeing all the photos instead of the albums I had them in on my palm or moment. Thanks, JustPictures is great.

I use quick pic and really like it.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES
    Thanked by:
    RickMG 

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    I use quick pic and really like it.
    I noticed in JustPictures one album wasn't pulling over even though I could see it in Astro. I just downloanded the Quick pic and it works fantastic too. Keeping them both for possibly having the best of bost worlds but placed Quick Pic on the front page. Thanks all of you, what great timing to search.

No problem, my favorite feature about QuickPic is that you can hide any picture or folder you want.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

Any way to set Quickpic as the default from the camera after taking a picture?