How to UNinstall T-Mobile bloatware? DriveSmart highly invasive

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here well-read on 'DriveSmart' ?
For my purposes, its a tad TOO smart - it invades every part of your personal data and does what with that?

Worse, you can kill it and it will come right back in a matter of minutes if not seconds.

Worse yet, the app controls are blocked so that you cannot remove it the safe/easy way.

So is this why everyone roots their device? to get rid of unwanted junk?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup pretty much.

You can always root it and use Titanium Backup to uninstall it or freeze it from showing up.

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Id love to find an app that can remove all this bloatware without finding the root. If anyone can find a way to do that I have a golden acorn for them. :)

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That's added by plan. You pay for it. It is subscription based and there's a monthly charge for it. If you are under age and your parents put it there, too bad. If you have your own account and phone, then tell TM you don't want it.
Z

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
They usually require SuperUser access. And rooting is giving you SuperUser access

I know, thats what sucks. Itd be awesome for someone to develop an app that provides you with that kind of access but without doing the root process. Idk even know if that is possible. But im thinking not at this point. Just daydreamin i guess. ha

If you have your own account and phone, then tell TM you don't want it.

That'd be awesome if that actually worked

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can check out z4 root and see if it works for your device. You can temporarily root it and then it gets unroot again.

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Its not subscription - but there is an enhanced "forced" one that is - you gotta go pay for it. its for parents who want to force the errant child to drive, not tap phone.

what I'm talking about is the two "drivesmart" apps loaded on factory-send-original-image. I'm old and parents deceased - its on the phone and highly consumptive/invasive/non-responsive/bloatware.

in the PC space this would be treated as a Hijacker, dealt with ruthlessly, and the perpetrators prosecuted.

I guess this confirms that I'll have to root & extract with no mercy.

picasso584

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to UNinstall T-Mobile bloatware? DriveSmart highly invasi

this really stinks -- that is Drive Smart -- I am unable to switch it off even though the app shows disabled it continues to run and it turns itself on automatically even after I "force stop it". I'm ready to tell TM to take a hike -- it's not bad eough their coverage stinks -- I have to hear this cheap sounding "My Favorite Martian" orator reading my emails and text messages back to me whilest I';m on a call -- renders the phone useless. I'm ready to throw my Samsung Galaxy "S" against a wall. Funny thing a coworker has the same 'zact phone only with Verizon and his phone works like a charm -- mine almost never has a signal -- 4g or other wise -- and TM will not allow schduled software updates. My co worker is always reeiving newer and better software. While it's true TM is nearest the cheapest retail cell carrier around it's hardly worth it for the aggrivation -- just like now I've been on hold for their customer service for ovrt 45minutes.

SashaOdin

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to UNinstall T-Mobile bloatware? DriveSmart highly invasi

I rooted my LG Optimus T changed from T-Mobile to Net10 and the phone works just fine. Using Z4 and SuperUser I uninstalled much of the trash loaded on the phone by the people who think they know what the users need or want. In my case they erred by quite by a lot, so I got rid of the bloatware visible with SuperUser. The programs that I could not get off the phone were:
Video Tour
Drive Smart
News and Weather
Music
Voice Dialer
My Account and My Device (those are T-Mobile gifts)
the question is how do I get to those items and send them back into cyberspace? I will appreciate someone's help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair