Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default REDBOX app now in Android market

    I'm just saying...........
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  2. #2  

    Default

    Couldn't find in the market with my HTC eris. I love redbox!
  3. #3  

    Default

    What does it do?

    On this topic, I would love an official Netflix App.
  4. #4  

    Default

    flixter will manage your netflix queues
  5. #5  

    Default

    Ok this is nice. I use to have a decent redbox app on my iPhone, but this one is even nicer than redbox insider.

    Totally sweet. Thanks for the heads up!!
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post
    Ok this is nice. I use to have a decent redbox app on my iPhone, but this one is even nicer than redbox insider.

    Totally sweet. Thanks for the heads up!!
    Fyi, Google DID license 'DROID' from LucasArts. I'm just saying.....
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  7. #7  
    Nechasin's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    ROM
    Something new!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    Fyi, Google DID license 'DROID' from LucasArts. I'm just saying.....
    I know this is off-topic...but i thought Motorola not Google licensed "DRIOD" from LucasArts, which makes Ardoreal's signature make sense.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I know this is off-topic...but i thought Motorola not Google licensed "DRIOD" from LucasArts, which makes Ardoreal's signature make sense.
    You're right. Nevermind.....I'm just sayin...........
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  9. #9  

    Default

    Too bad its not a free app..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid 8172 View Post
    Too bad its not a free app..
    Common dude...its $0.99.....i'm just sayin
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  11. #11  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default

    Never used RedBox before so excuse the newbie question. Don't you have to go to a Redox location to get a movie? If so, how does the app work?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Never used RedBox before so excuse the newbie question. Don't you have to go to a Redox location to get a movie? If so, how does the app work?
    Just like the website, you can find the nearest locations to where you are and also find the movies you're looking for since not all locations have the same movies. Also you can reserve a movie for pickup later just like the website. Very cool.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  13. #13  

    Default

    a lot of people are just saying things in this thread....

    i'm just sayin...
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I know this is off-topic...but i thought Motorola not Google licensed "DRIOD" from LucasArts, which makes Ardoreal's signature make sense.
    Actually it's a Verizon thing. Verizon licensed the term Droid.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    Just like the website, you can find the nearest locations to where you are and also find the movies you're looking for since not all locations have the same movies. Also you can reserve a movie for pickup later just like the website. Very cool.
    That's my favorite feature right there. Redbox Insider on iPhone use to give coupon codes too with success rates for each. I'm gonna ask the dev if this is in the works. I prefer this app over RI though, the Redbox account linkup is more straightforward and the process is more hidden from the user. Seems more "it just works" whereas the RI app was crashing and burning all the time.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
    Couldn't find in the market with my HTC eris. I love redbox!
    I can't find it eather it must only work for Android 1.6 and higher or something
  17. #17  
    Tmak04's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default

    what the heck i cant find it on my eris also!!!
  18. #18  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    Just like the website, you can find the nearest locations to where you are and also find the movies you're looking for since not all locations have the same movies. Also you can reserve a movie for pickup later just like the website. Very cool.
    Oh nice!! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the info.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripjames View Post
    flixter will manage your netflix queues
    But that's not an official app, it's third party. Just saying I wouldn't trust something that isn't hosted by Netflix without REAL access to my account.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    But that's not an official app, it's third party. Just saying I wouldn't trust something that isn't hosted by Netflix without REAL access to my account.
    So you're worried about your personal info going to a third party? I guess that a good point. I don't know how third party apps work as far as the info. Anybody?
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
    So you're worried about your personal info going to a third party? I guess that a good point. I don't know how third party apps work as far as the info. Anybody?
    Yeah, the way I see it... why allow my user name & password and acct. info go through a third party when you could have direct access via an officially hosted app. I never did trust 3rd party work arounds.
  22. #22  
    rip14's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post
    That's my favorite feature right there. Redbox Insider on iPhone use to give coupon codes too with success rates for each. I'm gonna ask the dev if this is in the works.

    Download an app called "Droid Coupons"

    I use it all the time. I usually get 1 free redbox rental code a week with it.

    I'm just sayin'
    -When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
  23. #23  

    Default

    I don't mind it. I keep track of my finances and if I ever saw something weird I'd immediately report it. The convenience of this app is better than using the website.

    I'm just sayin.....
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  24. #24  

    Default

    What's up everyone!

    I am the developer of RedBoxer. Glad to see that the word is spreading and that people are happy with my app. It's taken quite a bit a bit work so I am glad to see it being well received.

    To answer a few questions:

    My app is built on the 2.0 framework. There are some things I wanted to take advantage of and I was really hoping the phone manufactures would be working quicker to get their phones updated. It sounds like the hero/eris should be on their way to 2.1 next month. I looked into changing to the 1.6 framework, but it almost takes my app back to gound zero. Everything breaks. Once your phones get 2.1, you will be able to find my app in the market.

    I would like to do a promo code integration with insiderebox.com They seem to have the best promo code system out there. I am waiting to hear back from them.

    I understand the security concerns around 3rd party apps like mine. To be quite honest, as a user, you are at a developer's mercy. I do think google does a good job of responding to applications that steal info. My app does not share or route any information to 3rd party servers. It communicates directly with redbox's system in exactly the same manner that redbox.com does. Also - with the way redbox works, they don't communicate complete credit card information. They provide a unique id and some other data that is checked internally on their server to actually charge your card. Its not possible to steal credit card information using redbox's system. Regardless, I understand some people won't use RedBoxer because it is a 3rd party app. I trust that as my app builds a positive reputation, people may become more trusting.

    Let me know if there are other questions, comments or suggestions!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default

    Great job on the app. I hope you keep developing the app. I doubt REDBOX will make an official app anytime soon. So as far as security goes, some people are afraid that you have access to our account info, credit card numbers etc. I wish Google would add Paypal as an option to buy apps and i wish REDBOX would use Paypal to bill their services.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B