1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default facebook app for droid not wotking at all.

Getting error 102/session key invalid or no longer valid. Anyone have any ideas. Was working then quit about a week ago. Wont access any info wont allow me to upload photos.

mine did something like that about a week ago as well, a little different...I couldn't get any notifications. it eventually resolved itself. I'm guessing it was something on facebook's side

For the Stock FB app wait 24 hours then try again the error will go away. Use Bloo, best android FB app
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Se7enth Sinn View Post
    For the Stock FB app wait 24 hours then try again the error will go away. Use Bloo, best android FB app
    I wouldn't say wait 24 as time has nothing to do with it. Simply a issue on Facebook's side and it can work at any time. Yes, they need to fix it. As far as Bloo, I've said it before, mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    I wouldn't say wait 24 as time has nothing to do with it. Simply a issue on Facebook's side and it can work at any time. Yes, they need to fix it. As far as Bloo, I've said it before, mediocre at best.
    What don't you like about Bloo?

I've had this problem on my Droid for about a week now, but today I figured out how to fix it.

Go to:

-Settings (droid phone settings, not fb settings) -> Applications -> Manage Applications

Once you see the list of Apps, hit the Menu button and choose Filter. Then choose All. Scroll until you find Facebook. Select it, and then on the Facebook App info screen, hit the "Clear data" button.

Once your data is cleared, exit out of all of that and run Facebook. It'll be like the first time you ran it. Enter your email & password, then you'll be up and running again.

It's probably an issue with FB. At any rate the FB app for Android needs a serious overhaul. I use Bloo as well. Really I use a combination of 3 different things: The native app, blue, and touch.facebook.com Miss being able to just use one app for everything like on my Berry. Still love Android tho!
    BlackBerry 7250 --> BlackBerry 8830 --> BlackBerry Storm 9530 --> Motorola Doid. Never going back!

I was getting this on my phone and uninstalled/reinstalled the Facebook app to fix it.

Over the weekend I noticed that my status updater wasn't working. I just left it alone and yesterday I noticed it was working again.. I really look forward to a better facebook app to be release because it's so popular. Better push notifications, chat, not having to have to go through the web to read or write a msg.

Maybe I'm asking for a lot but I think it's very reasonable.. I rather use facebook on my ipod touch over my Droid if given the choice. Though don't get me wrong it has gotten better but theres still a long way to go.

So how do you all do the whole notification thing? Ive been just checking the touch site, but the feed isn't "real time". So now I'm also using the Facebook app to keep up with the peeps. I'd very much like to have one stop shopping. Any suggestions?

Default Re: facebook app for droid not wotking at all.

Yeah... mine isnt either. I try to log in but i get a message saying "Sorry, and unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. ([102] Sessions for user with id 100001034410592 are not allowed.) Please help..?

Here is the fix for this issue: First off what is happening is a synchronization issue with your password. For example, if you de-activated your Facebook account from your Android Facebook application and then you try and re-activate from your Android Facebook application, you may experience this issue:

The fix: (and yes, it was so simple that I totally over-looked it)

1.) Login from your PC or laptop to Facebook.
    2.) De-activate your account.
    3.) Login from your Android Facebook Application. This will re-activate your account. Everything will be synch'd up then.
    4.) Done.

That will synch everything up and you should be able to login from your phone without getting that pesky error message.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I was getting all kinds of errors and cleared my facebook app data and cache and every thing is working again now.

thnk bro it work!! u save my day!

---------- Post Merged at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:28 AM ----------

it works thanks

i deactivated my facebook account on my phone and now it wont let me log back in on my phone. i just keep getting Login Failed! sorry an unexpected error occurred. please try again later [102] sessions eith id 1102941010 are not allowed.my facebook as been activated and it lets me log in fine on the laptop. can anyone help pls :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by donnapem78 View Post
    i deactivated my facebook account on my phone and now it wont let me log back in on my phone. i just keep getting Login Failed! sorry an unexpected error occurred. please try again later [102] sessions eith id 1102941010 are not allowed.my facebook as been activated and it lets me log in fine on the laptop. can anyone help pls

Here is the fix for this issue: First off what is happening is a synchronization issue with your password. For example, if you de-activated your Facebook account from your Android Facebook application and then you try and re-activate from your Android Facebook application, you may experience this issue:

The fix: (and yes, it was so simple that I totally over-looked it)

1.) Login from your PC or laptop to Facebook.
    2.) De-activate your account.
    3.) Login from your Android Facebook Application. This will re-activate your account. Everything will be synch'd up then.
    4.) Done.

That will synch everything up and you should be able to login from your phone without getting that pesky error message.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - SGH-I747M

Tried the deactivation on my MAC then tried to reactivate on Droid...didn't wo