1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text from a different number?

is there an app that can send text messages from a different number?

I got a text message today from a strange number and was wondering if my girl was messing with me.

Thanks
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I know with the Droid Incredible stock sms app you can change the call back number.

Only app I found on the market place that spoofs sms number's is a free app called maitap.be Send Prank Text or type "Spoof sms" in the search field with in the market place.

I have no idea if it works because I haven't used it, but that is what I found.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks bigk, i'll give it a shot...i hope it DOESN'T work lol...because if it does ima doner lol....

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Most carriers have a web portal for sending text messages. You can input pretty much any number you like into the FROM field.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

yeah there's an app on the iphone that lets you do this. I got a text from my ex asking to hook up and it was actually someone else!

I use my google voice# as an alternative text#

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Several apps for this. Google voice, line2 are the first ones that come to mind.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by irish22022 View Post
    yeah there's an app on the iphone that lets you do this. I got a text from my ex asking to hook up and it was actually someone else!
    that's what i was worried about too! thought my gf was testing me lol....

When sending and receiving texts through Google voice, does it appear on your detailed statement along with your regular message usage?

Default Re: text from a different number?

Quote Originally Posted by inphoenix View Post
    Several apps for this. Google voice, line2 are the first ones that come to mind.
    line2 works perfect, THANKS!

Hi,

Can you please tell me the app you mention for the iphone.
    I need to use this app to do my personal txt with my own number on a work phone to save me from carrying 2 phones.

Can anyone tell me if there is one for iphone. i need it badly

- - - Updated - - -

do you know what it is called. you can email it to me REMOVED