Best music player apps?

fullcollapse3k

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently an iPhone owner and I'm switching to an Android soon. The only thing that concerns me is the music player on Android phones. Like the iPhone or not, the iPod found on this thing is hard to top. Are there any music players on the marketplace that are at least comparable (if not better) than the built-in iPod? I think a few Android phones (the upcoming phones, specifically) do most everything better than the iPhone, but this is a point of concern.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
No worries. There are plenty of choices to suit your preferences. A lot of folks are into PowerAmp because of the EQ capabilities. I've tried many. My favorite (right now anyhow) is PlayerPro. It is the most customizeable in my opinion. No matter what player I use, I interface it with iSyncr. iSyncr is a great way to maintain your itunes ratings and playcounts. This is important to me because my smart playlists use this data.

Also, iSyncr has a Wifi addon that allows you to wirelessly sync between itunes and my phone.

Some other really good music players to try out are:
MixZing
WinAmp
Doubletwist

Enjoy!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My daughter has an ipod touch and we play music in my car all the time. I can honestly say my phone using power amp sounds head and shoulders better than her Ipod when played through my cars stereo. It is a far cry better in both volume and in sound quality.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am very disappointed with winamp.

Music Player Pro and MusicMod are both good. Poweramp has won the favor of most android users, I got the trial, but wasn't impressed enough to pay the 5 dollars they charge for it.

Coming from iPhone, I wanted a few things: Music player, text messaging app (don't love the way stock handles messages, and I need pop up messages for incoming texts), and browsers. Sure, the stock on all of these is fine, but I was BLOWN away by the amount of options you'll have for those. Look at musicmod, GO SMS and Miren Browser.

Enjoy.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate popup sms but if you want that, you can also try Handscent SMS. It is very customizable and the pop up is it's default.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Poweramp is nice, but I like free apps :) My favorite free media player is Zimly. It has a really nice interface and a lot of options for a free player. The one thing Poweramp has over it is the EQ. Zimly sounds pretty nice by itself, but I do like to customize the sound. Another good free one is Songbird.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not mind paying a small price to the developers for a quality app. Most of the apps are priced to where almost anyone can afford them. I would rather pay a small one time fee than look at apps with adds....

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried them all, now using Mixzing. Works the best so far, aside from Poweramp but I don't feel that's worth the price considering the quality of the free ones.