1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Meebo or ebuddy

I was wondering if you guys can help me decide between Meebo and ebuddy. What is everyone else using and why?

Personally I just use the standard google talk app, but I would say meebo as I've heard that ebuddy consumed quite a bit of battery (that's liable to have been fixed since I last heard though).

I use eBuddy, but only because when I installed Meebo they were having some registration issues so I ditched it for eBuddy. So I can't really compare. As far as battery issues are concerned, I've done days where I leave it running all day and compared to days when I don't use it at all and havent noticed much of a difference. I still get a good 12+ hours with it running nonstop.

I used eBuddy. Meebo seemed to signed me out a lot. I don't use the stock GTalk app because the address I use as my droid's sign-in is not the same address I use for google talk. Hopefully they will enable the native app to be able to login with a different account, kind of like they did with Google Voice.
    BlackBerry 7250 --> BlackBerry 8830 --> BlackBerry Storm 9530 --> Motorola Doid. Never going back!

I use eBuddy, but if leave it running it kills my battery in a matter of hours.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Definitely eBuddy. Meebo signs me out all the time and sometimes it won't even tell me. :/ my friend just starts texting me "why did you leave?" lmao
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default ebuddy?

Sounds like ebuddy is the overwhelming winner so far, anyone a fan of meebo?

I have used both, and I still with Meebo. I tried eBuddy, and I liked the interface more, but I noticed that it kills my battery. I stay signed into 3 accounts on Meebo all day, and my battery lasts all day while using the app to talk to multiple people. However, I have noticed that Meebo doesn't always seemlessly switch from 3G to WiFi. Sometimes when I switch over when I get home, it signs me out.

I use Meebo on my Nexus One. I haven't noticed any significant battery drain by leaving it logged in all day. I do prefer the interface on Meebo vs the one on eBuddy. The Meebo chat seems to use the limited space of the display more effectively.

One interesting client I really liked was Nimbuzz. It even allows for VOIP calls with your Gtalk buddies; however, it has one MAJOR flaw... it cannot sleep the display while in use. Once they fix that issue, I'd probably choose Nimbuzz.

I haven't tried Meebo, but a few things on eBuddy that I might need some clarification on. When I first change my status on eBuddy it keeps setting me to Away, I tried changing it back to Online but it keeps changing back to Away. Is it suppose to be like that? This is with AIM by the way.
    Another thing is, does eBuddy lag anyone's phone? I use the mytouch and it lags my phone quite a bit.

I've only tried Meebo for Facebook chat.. but it simply seems very lacking.