Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix?????????

Has anyone heard anything new on netflix?????

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

I understand Netflix is getting closer to enabling streaming video direct to smart phones, but it's not there yet (at least as of yesterday). So, keep checking. Can't wait, personally. Love it to my TV and computer (instant viewing) via wifi.
    Always learning ...

They've already done it for iOS, Android is supposed to be their next goal.

Sent from my eVo
    ......posted from something made by Apple!
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

both ios and wp7 have dedicated official netflix apps that work great over wifi 3g they both look rather grainy so its great for viewing around the house or airport but not really while driving in the car. i really wonder what is taking so long for it to hit android.
    Android: Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5
    iOS: iPhone 5s
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

An article awhile ago suggested that fragmentation was part of the problem with getting it to Android. The variety of devices made designing in security hard. Netflix has to maintain the confidence of the studios to keep getting new movies!

I suspect that if we see Netflix on Android it will be supplied by the phone company a bloat ware.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have it on my ipod. Wish they would hurry

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM7

Really one of the few things that apple has on android. My wife has a ipod touch and the netflix looks good on wifi, I can tether from my android and it sometimes works (if I have a strong 3g connection).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

security issues. I read somewhere that it will be available soon but only on certain brands (I believe LG was one of them... Motorola was not one).

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-release...116142634.html

Wow check out the press release above.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yea looks like LG is trying to get it working to with the help wioth qualcomm check this article out as well

Netflix for Android Previewed on LG Revolution, Quick Look at Qualcomm’s Next-Gen Multi-Core CPU [MWC] [Video] | Android Phone Fans

Quote Originally Posted by zombiepug View Post
    so its great for viewing around the house or airport but not really while driving in the car.
    For driving in the car? Yeesh... Please don't leave Jersey if you're driving around and watching videos.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    For driving in the car? Yeesh... Please don't leave Jersey if you're driving around and watching videos.
    Sorry that came out wrong i would never drive and watch movies trust me i have a class b cdl with ps and L endorsements i am in the transportation business i never watch movies text or talk on the phone while i drive. i was just referring to passengers in the car, or riding as a passenger.
    Last edited by zombiepug; 02-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.

It says in the article future android releases. I'm wondering if the EVO will receive it.

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banchan1 View Post
    It says in the article future android releases. I'm wondering if the EVO will receive it.
    EVO is Netflix ready. It already has the kickstand. ;-)

Why does security matter so much? You're already paying $10+/mo so its not like you are going to pirate what you can stream anyways.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.

It all seems fishy to me. A lot of the Android phones and Tablets have way more horsepower than iPhones/iPods/iPads, and the open OS should allow way more flexibility for the Netflix devs to implement any kind of DRM code they want.

Something else must be going on.

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awesomo4308 View Post
    Why does security matter so much? You're already paying $10+/mo so its not like you are going to pirate what you can stream anyways.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk.
    It is to prevent you from making and distribute a verbatim digital copy. Typically the security is required by the copyright owners.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    It is to prevent you from making and distribute a verbatim digital copy. Typically the security is required by the copyright owners.
    Well isn't pretty much everything on the internet anyways. People who want something illegally are going to get it, wouldn't the potential income from new people subscribing to netflix because they can stream Lost on their phone's going to outweigh the 0 newly created pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtsa View Post
    Seems like they could just set the quality so it's suitable for a phone but not really worth pirating.

But, hell, once something hit's Netflix streaming it's already out on digital release and Blu-ray so people ripping a mobile stream should be the least of their worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Seems like they could just set the quality so it's suitable for a phone but not really worth pirating.

But, hell, once something hit's Netflix streaming it's already out on digital release and Blu-ray so people ripping a mobile stream should be the least of their worries.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

Its more about due diligence to make the movie studios happy.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE- > HTC Evo / BB Bold > Nexus S 4G