Some issues with WhoIsIt 2.4

kohlensaeure

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, found your app yesterday. Seemed like a good idea and bought it. Too bad I found some minor issues:

Phone: LG P500, Android 2.2.1

Bug 1
I configure the ringtone in Android to "silent"
I open up WhoIsIt. All "unconfigured" contacts show up as "Phone: Silent"

I configure a "Default Phone Ringtone" in WhoIsIt.
I configure a different ringtone for unknown callers.

In WhoIsIt all "unconfigured" contacs show up as with the default ringtone.
But - The ringtone setting in Android isn't "silent" anymore. It also show the default ringtone.

If someone calls me and I configured this account to have a different ringtone, only this different ringtone will be played.

If someone calls me from my contact list (with no different ringtone configured), the default ringtone will be played.

But if a unknown caller calls me, I hear the standard ringtone and the unknown caller ringtone at the same time.

Bug 2
If I use WhoIsIt to do the sounds for K9 email it's not the respecting the K9 "sleep" setting (like no sounds, notifications, vibrations between 9 pm and 7 am). As a workaround I use the scheduler and profiles in WhoIsIt.

Bug? 3
Don't know if it's a feature or a bug, but if I get like 3 new e-mails in K9 email, I'll hear the K9 notification sound three times. I kinda understand why this is doing it (each contact could have a different notification), but doesn't seem right to play the SAME sound three times. (The notification sound in K9 email it configured to "silent". )

Feature Wish - Profiles
Option to disable the "Profile xxx active" status bar notification.

Last edited:

kohlensaeure

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's a bit frustrating. I took time to write a detailed bug report and nada. Nothing. Two versions later (2.6) and nothing is fixed. :-\

It's a bit funny the app asks for "positive ratings and feedback". Don't worry, I won't give you a bad rating. Your app is still great, even tho I'm just using the basic features. Anything else seems unstable (not only on my phone, also on the Galaxy of my wife) and I'm not playing beta tester, if the developer ignores bug reports.

Still, I'd love to see an Option to disable the "Profile xxx active" status bar text notifications. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886