Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question re. K9 Email

I once tried it but uninstalled it for one main reason: there was no way to tell when I got new messages. I didn't want an audible notification, and vibrating wouldn't do the job, unfortunately. What I was hoping this app had was an easy way to simply look at the screen and know I had new messages in my Email accounts. Unless anything with this app has changed recently, two questions remain:

1. Is there a way to tell I have new messages by looking at the K9 Email icon and seeing it indicate this? The stock Email client, as bad as it is, at least has a green number in the corner pop up and indicate the number of new messages.

2. I have multiple Email accounts (work, personal, etc.). Is there a combined message box or something similar?

FWIW, I'm using an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
    1. Is there a way to tell I have new messages by looking at the K9 Email icon and seeing it indicate this? The stock Email client, as bad as it is, at least has a green number in the corner pop up and indicate the number of new messages.
    It should come up in the notification bar when you have unread e-mail; at least, it does for me, without any special settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
    2. I have multiple Email accounts (work, personal, etc.). Is there a combined message box or something similar?
    There is a "unified inbox," although I haven't tried it for more than one account.

I highly suggest reading their wiki:
    https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/wiki

It's a powerful program, and well-supported, but takes a bit of learning to use. I had to go to their IRC channel and ask about folder settings to learn about how the class system works for it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, it's giving me the same problems as before: no notification in the notification bar and no colored LED blinking to notify me as well. I even set it to vibrate when a new Email came in, but the vibration isn't working at all either.

Looks like I'll uninstall it and stick to stock Email, which still has been the best I've used since I got my EVO. Honestly, I don't see what all the hoopla is over K9. I suppose if it was able to let me know when I got new Emails, that would be a small start.

I have never had a problem like that with K9- My only issue is when you delete an email many times it goes back and looks for new messages and shows it again

Default Re: Question re. K9 Email

i am unable to open attachments on K-9 emails