Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Angry birds Rio free at new Amazon App Store!!

Get it now, only 23 hours left....

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/...idcentral00-20
    oh, new app store looks nice also.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Well, that was quick....it's offline now,lol.

Here's a screencap of it, weird...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angry birds Rio free at new Amazon App Store!!-wtfrio.jpg  

It's funny how I went from not being interested in another market to frantically trying to get the page at Amazon coming up just so I can get Angry Birds Rio for free. This free app a day thing sounds awesome, but I can't see it lasting long if they have to give developers 20% of the list price each time.

I got the Angry Birds Rio, but the Amazon Appstore is a stupid concept.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

now what I want to know is if I pay for Angry Birds and Angry Birds seasons, will I get rid of the adds AND keep my current save game in it?

Seriously... those ads are far too intrusive to the actual game... of all the corners they could have put them in, they chose that one.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

According to some reviews on the amazon app store it does keep your saved game
    Thanked by:
    Fhiz 

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    According to some reviews on the amazon app store it does keep your saved game
    that's all I needed to hear, thanks.

Lord knows if I'll ever use this app store again.

Yeah.. required install AZ store app and remain login. Is anyway to get it works without AZ store app? My Optimus V is runing in low ram

No Canadian AB love from AZ - after an hour setting up account/configuring/etc etc etc, get an error message "not yet available in your region" when I finally click download. Any workarounds? Any way to get the Angry Birds Rio APK outside of "normal channels"?

ROM
    Rooted, Stock ROM/Kernel

Got my AB Rio, but having an issue with the app crashing - as soon as I start the first map it crashes back to homescreen - no force close notices or anything. Anyone else have the same issue, or know how to resolve?
    Moto Droid Bionic - Rooted w/Stock ICS
    ASUS TF101 - Rooted Running Stock ROM
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Amazon App install requirement killed it for me, pass.

I couldn't install the Amazon app via a browser on my rooted Nook Color, so I downloaded it and installed with adb. Angry Birds downloaded, but I get a popup message:

Installation of download apks is not supported

I have no issues installing apps from the Android Market and have enabled non-market apps, as well.

Edit: Solved! http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...380#post754072
    Last edited by roberto; 03-22-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Default Won't install on my SD card

About a couple of months ago Angry Birds stopped installing on my SD card ... My solution was to unmount ... download ... install ... re-mount ... then move to SD card ... Now with Amazon ... Angry Birds RIO won't install at all if the SD isn't mounted ... Does anyone know of a work-a-round ... Unrooted EVO 4G
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Got my free copy , flawless , "free the birds" ha
    Last edited by davidnc; 03-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.

ROM
    Stock rooted

I thought it was working well but after rebooting my phone for an unrelated reason Angry Birds Rio appeared to have been gumming up the works for Launcher Pro - it really slowed it down. I uninstalled the birds and all is well again. It might use some serious memory, either while running the game or just in the background. So if you start having problems, try uninstalling the birds.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Damnit, AT&T. Just...damnit!
    Swimming, against the current, in a stream of b.s.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

It works just fine for me, the major issue I have is you cannot open Angry Birds Rio without first going into the Amazon Appstore and then you can open the app! Rio shows up as an application on my DX but I can't find an icon for it anywhere, then again the Amazon Appstore icon is only showing up as a Running App and not even as an app with the rest of my apps.

To me this is a major f'up on Amazon's part and a major turn off to me. I do no to need to be connected to Amazon constantly in order to run and use any apps. Stupid business model...

ROM
    Rooted, Stock ROM/Kernel

Got my issues figured out. I uninstalled and reinstalled AB Rio, and once I opened the app from inside the app store, it now works normally and will run from the icon in my app drawer. Maybe this is how the DRM works...??? Just guessing. Anyway - back to Rio for me!!!
    Moto Droid Bionic - Rooted w/Stock ICS
    ASUS TF101 - Rooted Running Stock ROM

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NexusBear View Post
    Got my issues figured out. I uninstalled and reinstalled AB Rio, and once I opened the app from inside the app store, it now works normally and will run from the icon in my app drawer. Maybe this is how the DRM works...??? Just guessing. Anyway - back to Rio for me!!!
    I've tried that several times. I also don't have the Amazon Appstore icon in my app drawer, it is only appearing as a running app and not in the app drawer. I have uninstalled both the Appstore and ABRio and reinstalled... same issue.

Tried contacting Amazon but they are being inundated with issues so they can't keep up.

ROM
    Something new!

I just installed on my droid og without a problem.....love it.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taxtwit View Post
    No Canadian AB love from AZ - after an hour setting up account/configuring/etc etc etc, get an error message "not yet available in your region" when I finally click download. Any workarounds? Any way to get the Angry Birds Rio APK outside of "normal channels"?
    That was absolutely ridiculous!

First setting up the Amazon.com account.

Then the market app wouldn't download directly to my phone, so I had to download it on my computer and manually install it to the phone.

Once the market app was running, it said I couldn't get Rio without entering a payment type in my 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It said I needed an address in my 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It said I needed to enable 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It comes up and says it is not available in my region.

Fail.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    About a couple of months ago Angry Birds stopped installing on my SD card ... My solution was to unmount ... download ... install ... re-mount ... then move to SD card ... Now with Amazon ... Angry Birds RIO won't install at all if the SD isn't mounted ... Does anyone know of a work-a-round ... Unrooted EVO 4G
    I'm having this same issue on my unrooted Droid Incredible. Is there a way to download it to your computer and then manually install it on the phone?
    Droid Incredible since June 2010

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen (on the droidx)

i installed amazon appstore, and then got angry birds rio from the appstore. i then proceeded to pull the com.rovio.angrybirdsrio.apk off of my phone, and tried installing it standalone, without the amazon appstore (which is now officially crapware now that i have angry birds rio). unfortunately, when i went to start angry birds rio, i got a message that said that the amazon appstore has to be installed AND logged in for the app to work. what a load of crap. we need an apk of the game that can stand on it's own without needing to have other crap installed.

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Awesome Graphics.. Better than original....
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

Quote Originally Posted by patchulaz View Post
    i installed amazon appstore, and then got angry birds rio from the appstore. i then proceeded to pull the com.rovio.angrybirdsrio.apk off of my phone, and tried installing it standalone, without the amazon appstore (which is now officially crapware now that i have angry birds rio). unfortunately, when i went to start angry birds rio, i got a message that said that the amazon appstore has to be installed AND logged in for the app to work. what a load of crap. we need an apk of the game that can stand on it's own without needing to have other crap installed.
    As per my last post, I couldn't get AB Rio via the amazon app store, so I googled AB Rio apk and found several download sites for it. Downloaded it off of one, cut and pasted it onto the SD card in my N1 and booted it up no problem. The app is running fine and I do not have the amazon app store installed (although I do have the amazon MP3 app that was preinstalled on my N1), so it appears the it can run without the amazon store app installed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast