How to sync Firefox to Dolphin the Free way

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
First off, I apologize if this has been talked about, but I didn't find it in a search....

With the disappointment of the firefox mobile release lacking flash, I know many have expressed a need to sync their firefox bookmarks to their phones. I've found a pretty good way to using Dolphin HD.

You'll need to get the "Bookmarks to SD" add-on for dolphin downloaded on your phone. Then on your desktop firefox, find the "GMarks" add-on.

From the newly installed Gmarks menu in firefox, click "organize bookmarks". A new window will pop up showing your google bookmarks. Click "File", "Import" and all Firefox bookmarks will be added to your google bookmarks.

Then use "Bookmark to SD" in dolphin and sync Dolphin to Google and voila!, your Firefox bookmarks on your phone.

The minor hassle of this (to me) seems much better than paying for a syncing app on the market that may or may not work with your phone or downloading the bloated firefox browser which can't use flash.

Reactions: bruce7373 and kat3k

GUZZLR

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I suppose I'm doing something wrong. My Gmark bookmarks are identical to my firefox bookmarks on my PC. I then go to bookmarks to SD, go the sync tab, and select Dolphin HD to Google. However, I do not see any of my bookmarks when I swipe from the left inside of Dolphin Browser?

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
If you want to sync Firefox bookmarks to Dolphin Browser on mobile, try Xmarks for Dolphin HD. It allows you to sync bookmarks from IE, Firefox, Google Chrome on PC to dolphin. I use it successfully to get my Google Chrome bookmarks to my mobile. :)

Reactions: bruce7373

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If you want to sync Firefox bookmarks to Dolphin Browser on mobile, try Xmarks for Dolphin HD. It allows you to sync bookmarks from IE, Firefox, Google Chrome on PC to dolphin. I use it successfully to get my Google Chrome bookmarks to my mobile. :)

Another recommendation for X-marks. I have been using it for years to sync my bookmarks across multiple computers in my house. Now I use it to sync to my phone as well. Works like a charm!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance