Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

^^ No doubt that this is an awesome app, however, that's not enough to keep customers satisfied.

I will be on top of them like white on rice(no pun intended). There are many people including myself who love and admire this application. I'm going to give SPB the benefit of the doubt at this time. They haven't respond back to my "blunt" message I've sent them yet.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

SPB 3D works great on my HTC Thunderbolt. It soooo smooth and fast.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

•• Update to my message to SPB developer(s) ••

This is a "Copy & Paste" page taken from my personal email.

We will continue improving and adding more widgets and features to SPB Shell 3D as we always do with our products.

We have recived lots of feedback and some of the most wanted changes will be done in future updates.

According to our internal policy we can't share any information regarding our future releases and plans, but as soon as we have any news regarding SPB Shell 3D for other platforms we'll notify you via SPB website, newsletter and all social networks. Please subscribe to our newsletter in order to stay informed about the latest news: *

One thing we can share is that users in the next week or two can buy directly from our website and try the app for more than 15 min. Users can try it for hours and then ask us for a refund if they want.

Thank you for your interest in SPB Software products.
    ••Edit••

Thank you for your understanding. One thing more to mention is that we do release updates quite often and you can expect one in the very near future that includes fixes for the most critical issues that users have reported.
    I really believe that their aim is to make this app one of the best UI we've ever seen.
    Lets hope that they keep true to their commitments to their customers.

PS. You can also follow them on twitter, or their newsletter for up-to-date info.
    Last edited by rushrl; 04-05-2011 at 08:23 AM.

This launcher is Awesome! I love the eye candy
    My Epic runs it great. I'm rooted with Frozens rom flashed and its by far faster than ever
    I am looking forward to future updates as it can only get better from here

New version out for SPB Mobile Shell v. 1.02 in the Android Market.

Recent Changes
    -Fixed widgets disappearing after reboot
    -Fixed crash in city selection dialog
    -Added Traditional Chinese Localization
    -Other bug fixes
    Last edited by dfine1966; 04-05-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Can someone verify a possible bug I may have found?

I add the manage applications shortcut on my screen and after a reboot it disappears booo

not sure if its the SRF ROM doing it or the SPB launcher that is

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggSeVO View Post
    Can someone verify a possible bug I may have found?

I add the manage applications shortcut on my screen and after a reboot it disappears booo

not sure if its the SRF ROM doing it or the SPB launcher that is

thanks
    Look at post above you. SPB just released a fix for disappearing widget and shortcuts.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Look at post above you. SPB just released a fix for disappearing widget and shortcuts.
    haha must of been posted when I was typing that out lol
    Thanks!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

This is the beginning of several updates according to SPB.

I'm happy to know that our voices doesn't go unheard. The best is yet to come says •>>SPB.

I tried to switch to Launcher Pro using Home switcher. But It keeps switching back to 3dshell won't let me make Launcher Pro the default? I guess I have to uninstall in order to go back to launcher pro anyone else having a issue with this?
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    I tried to switch to Launcher Pro using Home switcher. But It keeps switching back to 3dshell won't let me make Launcher Pro the default? I guess I have to uninstall in order to go back to launcher pro anyone else having a issue with this?
    Did you go manually into applications in your settings area and clear defaults out of SPB Shell 3D. I have an EVO 4G. To clear defaults manually is very easy. Go to Settings/Applications and find SPB Shell 3D and click on it. Scroll down and hit Clear Defaults. Click your home button and a choice of what you want. Make sure you check the button Use by default for this action so you retain the default. I have had problems with Home Switcher in the past, that is why manually is still the best way to do this.
    Thanked by:
    sasha 

WooHoo Thank you much that did it!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

I'm gathering information from purchasers - to which feature(s), and/or option(s) you would love to have in the next upcoming update(s).

{SPB Shell 3D}

Please post.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

The only gripe of this launcher for me is that you're not allowed to put on live wallpapers (I love me some pixel zombies). Pretty smooth works but buttery smooth isn't necessary

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Plus this launcher barely takes up any RAM. It only takes up ~3.50MB of RAM compared to my RAM guzzling launcher pro which takes up ~30MB of RAM
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

@ Officerpolabear -- (Just thinking)
    Would that be a good idea though - hmm? {SPB shell 3D (+) Live wallpaper (=) unnecessary battery drainage.} ••> Fact or Myth? •>What do you think? <•
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I would like to see a few changes.

1. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.

2. Smoother scrolling from screens when not using the 3D wheel mine seems to not be as smooth as other launchers.

3. Change how all apps and widget can't be placed anywhere on the home screens.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.
    This would be a good idea... but I have a gut feeling that they might think this isn't as urgent as others at this time. Nonetheless it's just as important to us. The darn think cost $14.95.

2. Smoother scrolling from screens when not using the 3D wheel mine seems to not be as smooth as other launchers.
    I'm sure the developer(s) could put out a fix for this. Mine runs as smooth as butter on my EVO. Have you tried clearing cache and data. Keep in mine though that in doing so will revert all settings to factory default. (That means starting all over with apps, Widgets, etc.)

This one I would love to see in an upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I would like to see a few changes.

1. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I third #3 lol

New version out for SPB Mobile Shell v. 1.03 in the Android Market.

Recent Changes
    -Fixed Black screen on start problem
    -Fixed settings saving
    ReaLife1st
    Just a couple of guys that theme in their spare time.
    Follow us on Twitter
    @ReaLife1st
    @ZiggSVO
    All of our work is now tagged with [RLF]
    Like my work, or something I helped you do you can help get my kids some diapers by searching ZIGGSVO in the market.
    (Never Required but always appreciated!)

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quick review:

Have had it three days. Looks stunning. Documentation blows. On my HTC Evo (stock) it makes everything "laggy". It's freakin' HUGE at 19+MB and piles up cache like there's no tomorrow. I just looked an my cache was 5.29MB. I tossed it onto the back burner because if you think your battery life is crappy now, place this little monster on your Evo. You'd better be near a plug. (Stock battery)

That said, it looks great....is really more of a showpiece for your friends than anything else. Didn't make it any quicker to go where I wanted but it was more entertaining getting there.

Worth $15. Purely from a time and effort standpoint, yeah, probably. From a true usage standpoint (what problem does this app solve for me at this time??), nope. But, I have it and as Ginger and Mary Anne come to visit maybe they'll bring some better battery life and this will go back on.

bj
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)

Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Quick review:

Have had it three days. Looks stunning. Documentation blows. On my HTC Evo (stock) it makes everything "laggy". It's freakin' HUGE at 19+MB and piles up cache like there's no tomorrow. I just looked an my cache was 5.29MB. I tossed it onto the back burner because if you think your battery life is crappy now, place this little monster on your Evo. You'd better be near a plug. (Stock battery)

That said, it looks great....is really more of a showpiece for your friends than anything else. Didn't make it any quicker to go where I wanted but it was more entertaining getting there.

Worth $15. Purely from a time and effort standpoint, yeah, probably. From a true usage standpoint (what problem does this app solve for me at this time??), nope. But, I have it and as Ginger and Mary Anne come to visit maybe they'll bring some better battery life and this will go back on.

bj
    I have had it since the day after it came out. I am using my HTC EVO (stock) with the stock battery. I have had no slow downs at all, except on startup. To see how much it is using go to setting/Application/Running Services to see what is causing the lag. SPB Shell 3D only uses 6.0 MB of running services, which is lower than other Home replacement, ie Launcher Pro and ADW. You might have something else running to cause the slow down. For battery performance, I am getting about the same I was with any other Launcher. I basically have tried them all. Cache and file size has nothing to do with speed, unless you have a ton of apps installed. You can clear the cache very easily.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Mine works great but I noticed a bug.
    I put my alarm for 2 hours from now, and the clock widget doesn't calculate the time until alarm right. Instead of 2 hours it says 3 days.

running it on my N1 and boy is it fast....if your on the main screen and you spin it...its keeps going ...was spinning for over 20 mins...i had to stop it before going to bed ..

Quote Originally Posted by airflo49 View Post
    running it on my N1 and boy is it fast....if your on the main screen and you spin it...its keeps going ...was spinning for over 20 mins...i had to stop it before going to bed ..

It is funny, but in the new version, 1.03 it slows down and stops. I wonder if they just changed that. Which version do you have?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast