Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ••The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ••

If you're looking for that 3D experience and you don't have the latest 3d gadget - then you should consider using SPB Shell 3D app for now.…. The price may be a little steep - but it's worth every penny: (US.$14.95)

I have to admit - this app looks totally awesome. Some people might think that the price is too high, while others believe it's worth the money.

Go check it out •> It's available on the Android market -: be your own judge.

*Remember*
    You have 15mins to cancel your purchase and be refunded.

Updated: 2012 video below

Last edited by Rush Lindsay; 02-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    RUSH 

I'm such a sucker for new apps, I've spent more money on less I may have to check this out!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

I just installed it (14.71MB) on my EVO and the UI is great and smooth but at the end of the day you may realize it's just another launcher ... I will bet that because it's not offered by Amazon and the Android Market only allows 15min returns, that the price will drop very soon .
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts

It looks amazing, but doesn't work on my Thunderbolt.

Okay I am loving this I think this app is gonna be a keeper!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    It looks amazing, but doesn't work on my Thunderbolt.
    Bummer, this is the second posts I've seen about this app not working on the Thunderbolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Okay I am loving this I think this app is gonna be a keeper!
    Works great on my EVO. It feels like I have the EVO 3D already. Hehe.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Looks nice but I don't think I'm ready to fork out $15 for it though.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I would love to try this launcher, but as many have already posted the price and the bloated RAM bother me. Also not sure if my Desire running 2.2 will run it...I seem to have a memory leak somewhere as my phone seems to fill up. Not sure if this launcher would work well or not.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    Looks nice but I don't think I'm ready to fork out $15 for it though.
    Maybe Phil could do one of his "Contest Giveaways" and offer the lucky winner a free SPB Shell 3D app.

That would be cool.
    Ps. I could... but I'm not allowed to.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

For what it's worth the APK is out there to try it .. If you decide you like it and keep it .. Then pay for Market App.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    a free SPB Shell 3D app.

Ps. I could... but I'm not allowed to.

Ha Ha .. I just saw that and know EXACTLY what you mean.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Ha Ha .. I just saw that and know EXACTLY what you mean.
    Cool.

Edit :

My bad Brett.
    Last edited by rushrl; 03-31-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Where did you find the APK?
    Don't even think about it Rush

Guys just want to jump in before this goes in the direction that I think it's going in (especially since the word 'apk' is getting thrown around). Discussing and distributing of warez (pirated applications) is not allowed within the forum. Like I have said in the past, whatever you do on your own time is none of my business. What you do in the forums is.

thanks
    TehMan likes this.

For those who bought it. I am curious about the Weather Widget. In the beta that I was using, the Weather couldn't find my town. How is the weather found now? Does it use GPS, 3g/4g or just type the name of your town, and hope it is in there database. Can you put in your zip code? I remember in the old days with SPB Mobile shell, that the weather for towns and cities were limited, and you had to by the Weather app separately to get you town.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I wonder why its not working with some people using the Thunderbolt and some report its working fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Works extremely well on Mytouch 4G. Battery life is yet to be determined, but the excellent eye candy cannot be disputed!

Does anyone know if it has a Facebook or Twitter widget, like Sense, Launcher Pro style. If not, are there any widget that are like them, that are available on the market?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

From what I've heard it doesn't have a Facebook or Twitter widget built in, there are a few available in the market I'm not sure what ones are the best thou.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I wonder why its not working with some people using the Thunderbolt and some report its working fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    It was crashing on my Thunderbolt when I first bought it.

But after seeing reviews of it working on the Thunderbolt I decided to give it another chance.

I'm happy to report that SPB works great on my Thunderbolt! I'm not sure why it didn't the first time but I'm now a happy camper!

I also checked it out but ended up refunding it 5 minutes later, it lacks features other launchers has (scrollable widgets, column/row adjustment, etc) and when I launched an app like Market or Poynt and close it the launcher won't open again and I end up having to pick my previous launcher.

There's too many people that say they can't launch it, read the Market feedback. Also look at SPB's other apps, $10 for apps that does the same or less than other apps on the Market that are $0.99-1.99.

I'd purchase it again if the price was cut down, $15 is too much and they'd get way more sales if it was $5-8.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Like any other applications things should get even better with the up coming updates.

HTC should consider implementing this into Android. What do you think?

I was saying this to someone else, they'd probalby make more money by making a deal with a manufacturer to have it part of the product like Swype is on Motorola devices.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by sookster54 View Post
    I was saying this to someone else, they'd probalby make more money by making a deal with a manufacturer to have it part of the product like Swype is on Motorola devices.
    This is what I notice... people get excited with moving features(3D effects). If this was implemented into the Android system - can you imagine the look on IPhone users face. Lmao.

[Everybody would want an android phone then]…
    I email the developer(s) about some features, and options that would be nice to have. Their response was that they're working on making these features /options available asap. Plus, landscape mode is being look into.

PS. Watch this video of SPB shell 3D running on an EVO and a Tablet - really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    For those who bought it. I am curious about the Weather Widget. In the beta that I was using, the Weather couldn't find my town. How is the weather found now? Does it use GPS, 3g/4g or just type the name of your town, and hope it is in there database. Can you put in your zip code? I remember in the old days with SPB Mobile shell, that the weather for towns and cities were limited, and you had to by the Weather app separately to get you town.

I entered to weather in manually when trying to do it using GPS it wasn't locating me in the right place so there is the option to enter your city.

Now I think it looks great has tons of potential but as it is now totally not worth the 15.00 bucks. There is no customization which sucks and not enough options that are available in other launchers. Hopefully after a few updates I'll get my 15 bucks worth! But very nice eye candy!
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast