Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Weather Widget Vs Weatherbug Elite

With weatherbug elite free on Amazon app store today I figured i'd download it and give it a shot. I love the detail oriented full page information with the ability to look at week long forecasts, radars, and warnings/alerts.

I still prefer HTC's main page widget with the clock, its just so well done.
    So my plan was to have a widget set up on a diff page for quick in-depth detail.

Unfortunately though, I'm noticing a big difference in temperature readings for my location.

HTC says my location is 41 degrees
    WB Elite says its 47 degrees
    Both after refreshes.

Theyre much closer on other larger cities that i frequent, but still generally off 2-3 degrees. 6-7 degrees though is quite a bit imo.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts

In my experience weatherbug is more accurate than the HTC widget.

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Same here. I love the HTC widget and use it on my home screen with the clock. But I use WB Elite for actual forecasts and current temps because it's much more accurate. Been using WB for quite some time. Just make sure you look at the settings for automatic update. If it refreshes too often, you'll drain the battery more rapidly.