Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Facebook = Fail!

So yesterday I was with a group of iPhone users (ATT) at the home opener of the Texas Rangers with my Motorola Atrix on ATT as well. All of us were checking-in, uploading pics and posting updates. Well everyone but me. The Facebook app for Android is full of bugs, all kinds of api errors. This is not the first time I've experienced issues with it. I know the Facebook for Android app has lagged behind the iPhone app in terms of features but I am surprised they haven't released a version with less bugs.

I am very disappointed as Facebook is the app I use most.
    -Corey

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've been going through this for the longest I hat the bull**** updates they have been giving us. Its not like they don't know what we want here on android they have it all on IOS so why can't we have the same they have
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You would think with them working on a Android based Facebook phone they would be able to develop a great app. But maybe their thinking is to get Android users to buy the Facebook phone instead.
    -Corey

The Facebook and MySpace app on Android... need solid update on both.
    I was surprised to find out how way behind these apps are on Android.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

facebook on android is the worst...one thing blakberry is better than
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I switched to Seesmic for FB.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its a shame to see Google just sit back and let this happing I know they can say something to Facebook about the app. All the updates we've gotten are a waste of time and gets your hopes up for nothing

You know Facebook has a full-featured and very stable mobile site and as of late I've just been using that. Sure it's web-based but it's a whole lot better than the often non-functioning FB app for android.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's just sad we have to be second class citizens since Facebook won't develop a proper app for us Android users.
    -Corey

Best way would be to get out of FB..

Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post
    It's just sad we have to be second class citizens since Facebook won't develop a proper app for us Android users.
    They will soon as we stop using it, as I have. Until then they figure what's the point?

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Another update came to the apple family to day now they are able to delete friends in the app we are not able to change the profile pic yet this is really sad.

I agree. Not being able to change your profile picture, not being able to Like pictures. You can only comment on them.
    It's sad when the mobile site has more features and work better than the app itself.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope they have something in the works

Now the iOS FB app mirrors the new mobile site. Hopefully something is in the works for Android.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Just like everyone else, I think the app is garbage. When they added chat I thought to myself that they really finally listening to their users, but alas. Maybe one day they will care, but by the looks of things I doubt it.
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

When I write on someone's wall through the facebook app on my phone (Droid X) and they reply, I never get notifications for it. Neither on the app or on the actual facebook website. When I write on someone's wall through the website, I always get notifications.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bor999 View Post
    When I write on someone's wall through the facebook app on my phone (Droid X) and they reply, I never get notifications for it. Neither on the app or on the actual facebook website. When I write on someone's wall through the website, I always get notifications.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have the same problem even on my iPhone. Overall notifications on Facebook these past few weeks have been really buggy. Be it mobile or desktop.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    I have the same problem even on my iPhone. Overall notifications on Facebook these past few weeks have been really buggy. Be it mobile or desktop.
    Did you always have this problem on your iphone? I've always had this on my droidx.

Quote Originally Posted by bor999 View Post
    Did you always have this problem on your iphone? I've always had this on my droidx.
    Actual app notifications suck no matter the platform. I rely on email. But even the email doesn't get the notifications sometimes. And that's when it's a Facebook issue.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

Facebook needs to figure their crap out! I just installed a different app for social networking and can't login to facebook from that app. I've tried many different apps and can't login on any of them. So i've come to the conclusion that it's not those apps, it must be my settings on the phone. Any ideas? I refuse to use the stock Facebook app anymore. Too many force closes and lock ups.

Quote Originally Posted by tnelfrank View Post
    Facebook needs to figure their crap out! I just installed a different app for social networking and can't login to facebook from that app. I've tried many different apps and can't login on any of them. So i've come to the conclusion that it's not those apps, it must be my settings on the phone. Any ideas? I refuse to use the stock Facebook app anymore. Too many force closes and lock ups.
    Check your Facebook settings from the full website. You might need to grant the apps permissions from the account itself. The stock fb app was updated yesterday if you havent tried it.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Don't do the update from today, fc's when clicking on profiles and anything else it seems like.
    Bludclot Records
    Bludclot is within us

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martx View Post
    Don't do the update from today, fc's when clicking on profiles and anything else it seems like.
    Seems to be working fine for me. I'm on an unrooted DInc.

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    Seems to be working fine for me. I'm on an unrooted DInc.
    Same here, cept an unrooted Tbolt. No problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast