Thinking of Unrooting -Need Help Finding Comparable Apps

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm thinking of unrooting and going back to stock. Not really sure why, just thinking about keeping a cleaner phone (I don't install custom ROMs anyway). But I wanted to know if anyone knew of comparable apps to these ones that I use that require root:

1) A reboot app/widget that will reboot the phone with one or two clicks - this is so much easier than turning the phone off and then turning it back on.

2) Titanium backup - anything that would backup my apps and settings in case I needed to reset.

3) Cache cleaner - I use this everynight as it's scheduled to clean.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

alostpacket

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
You can be rooted with stock, it might get disabled on the next OTA depending on your phone but you can always re-root.

Anyways:
1) Apps cant reboot the phone without root
2) Apps and settings are automatically backed up by Google tied to your Gmail account. You just need to enable it in Settings > privacy > backup (or restore)
3) 99% of the time you shouldn't clean your cache, it's a fallacy like task killers

sorry I guess those aren't that helpful sounding as answers but hope it's informative at least

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the head's up. I actually want to stay un-rooted, so that's what I'm shooting for. I guess I can live without the cache cleaner. And for some reason I didn't even know about the backup and restore. I feel like such a jackass. Oh well.

Do you happen to know of an app that will reboot the phone without root? I can't find one and it's driving me nuts. I don't care if I have to pay a couple bucks.

alostpacket

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it just isn't possible for an app to shutdown the phone without root. Well maybe fortunately, as it's a security precaution. How helpful that security feature is to people is debatable though I guess .

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again. I guess I'll just have to live without it if I un-root. Looks like most of the stuff I've been using via root are kind of unnecessary, anyway, so I can basically just deal. I'm just looking for a more stock experience after hearing all of the "Big Brother is Watching You" crap about rooted phones.

jtcady

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again. I guess I'll just have to live without it if I un-root. Looks like most of the stuff I've been using via root are kind of unnecessary, anyway, so I can basically just deal. I'm just looking for a more stock experience after hearing all of the "Big Brother is Watching You" crap about rooted phones.

You wont get in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36