grocery iq not in sync on multiple devices

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Anyone uses grocery iq on multiple devices? I am signed in on three devices using same account. The faq says it is supposed to sync the lists across devices but its not doing it. Anyone run into this issue?

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Read about it and saw lot of folks having sync issues. Uninstalled and got an app called our groceries. Works like a charm. Wanted to share this in case someone else is looking for this.

EdwardsNH

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My specific issue here:

Devices set to sync by using same username and password:

Device 1 = Android*
Device 2 = iPhone
Devices 3 & 4 = Touch

Add to D1, shows up on all other devices.
Add to any other device, shows up on all devices EXCEPT D1

*Samsung Fascinate (Verizon)

Device say to share by invite, by site says to share by using same login.

bipin.ci

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for using Grocery iQ. Currently List Sync is not working for Android devices running Grocery iQ, this happened cause of a server upgrade, we are working on a fix for this issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
regards
Grocery iQ Support

bipin.ci

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi
The server side issue has been resolved and List Sync is working for Grocery iQ.
thanks for your patience.
regards
Grocery iQ Support

A quick tip you can change the list sync to happen more often by going to Menu > Settings > List Sharing Polling and selecting 30 secs.

yeoyeo06

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I installed this app last night, and for the first two hours, i thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Practically scanned my cats! Then I realized the Multi-store list wasn't working on my Galaxy Samsung Fascinate, so the whole thing was a waste of time. Will have to uninstall and maybe try Our Groceries?? Thanks for the tip inphoenix.

InfinityDevil

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried this app long ago and quickly found it to be unreliable and lacking important features that would made shopping easier. Sync failed often.

I stick with emailed lists from my wife and use Evernote to track my own shopping lists when I need to go somewhere. Evernote ability to have check boxes on a note that you can check off in view mode and sync that checkmark automatically works well enough.

Come to think of it you could probably just share an Evernote item with your co-shopper to stay in sync.

--
InfinityDevil

gharkay

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Still not working on Nexus 7 with 4.2

Works with Droid, iPad, iPod touch fine

Wow - didn't see these posts were nearly 2 years old

Same here. My list syncs fine between my Droid DNA and my fianc?e's iPhone 4, but I get nothing at all on my Nexus 7 after signing in. If I go to the list sharing page it says that the first sync hasn't completed yet and could take a while. I let it sit there for a good half hour with no progress.

I'm running stock 4.2.1.

EDIT: The Our Groceries app has no such issues. The functionality is a little different, but I've decided I actually prefer it. The interface could use a bit of a face lift, however.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dridge3770

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
been there. done that! VERY frustrating! AND I've finally figured it out. My wife is attached to my lists. I am the originator and manager of the store lists. When she updated her list it was not showing on my list until I sync'd the list (but I find out that the manager/originator of the list has the function of sync'ing (the other list users have that function too but when they try to sync, the option is provided for them to detach from the list's manager but that is not what is normally wanted!). When I update my list, it does not show up on her list until she exits Grocery iQ and re-starts the app!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol