Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Images/Photos do not display on Facebook wall.

Ok, I am fairly new to Android Central and Android. I just got an HTC Inspire on 3/25 after using a BB Curve 8900 on the Edge network for about a year (yeesh, how I suffered by comparison).

Ive search the forums to the best of my abilities and Im not finding anything addressing the issue Im having. Im not sure if this is the correct section of the forums to post in, but it seems the most logical given the options here.

Using Facebook app for Android and the photos are not showing up on my wall or in news feeds/status updates. I just get white boxes. I can hit refresh until my fingers bleed and it does little good. The only time I actually can see uploaded/posted photos is when I first open the app. Ok I have my HTC next to me with the app open (using laptop to post this). Im noticing the first two posts in either news feed or on my wall are the ones with the white boxes. If I scroll down, the images are loading. But even then it is spotty and inconsistent.

WTF FB, I hardly blame Android or HTC on this one. FB for BB was horrible and it appears Zucherberg's people cant create an app that works for Android either. FB does not deserve its success; it reminds me of Windows being prevalent even though the complaints about it were myriad. Ranting, sorry.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with image display in FB for A (be it on an HTC Inspire or other Android device)?

Thanks.

HTC Inspire. Froyo 2.2. AT&T Network. Not rooted.

Hi Gussy2000.
    first, let me say •> Welcome to Android Central. With that being said - you've bumped into one of many members biggest complain. FB and MySpace app on Android suck in comparison to (a certain ios).

I used the PC version on my phone, and anything else just to drop a status update... and so forth.

Best of luck. Enjoy the forum.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The PC version (slaps head). Now why didn't I think of that. Oh, I know why because the PC version on my 8900 was horrid as well. I'm sure it will be much more friendly on the Inspire.

Thanks.

Oh and Facebook if you are out there and you are reading this: FIX YOUR @!#$#% APP ALREADY!!!

For what it's worth I'm not having any issues with photos on my evo.

Of course I have other issues with the app, but photos seem to be working
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I can't imagine that there is such a significant difference between an EVO and an Inspire both running Android as to cause an issue with just FB. Based on the BB version being useless, I'm putting the ball in Zuch's court.

I'm having the same issue with the Facebook app on my Samsung Fascinate. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and am still having the same issue. NO pictures load- none on the feed, no profile pictures, etc. The small icons are white boxes with an error (icons with an exclamation point). Profile pictures are the grayed-out silhouette.

When I click on a picture to make it full screen, it sits there with the spinny wheel then eventually errors out.

I'm not sure exactly what happened. I got the phone for Christmas and the Facebook app was working fine until last month
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

FB recently released an update that seems to have helped a little. I still have the issue but not as often and the app is running/loading faster overall. I'm still convinced the FB folks just suck at writing apps.

Hey anyone know how I can change my mobile signature? "Posted via Android" isn't cutting it for me. I want to brag about my Inspire. All the iPhone people's posts say "Posted via iPhone" not "Posted via iOS". Why should they be the only conspicuously announcing their device.