Is there a Twitter app that will allow me to quickly go to people I follow?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a Twitter app that will allow me to quickly go to people I follow?

The one thing I liked about the Twitter app for BlackBerry was that I was able to quickly jump to People I followed, or people that followed me.
In the menu there was an option called "Go To User". As I started to type the user's name, it would begin to filter choices. I was then able to go to that user's profile page by selecting their name from the list.

I've tried numerous Twitter apps for Android, and have yet to find that option. Perhaps it's there and I might be overlooking it.
I've tried Twitter for Android, Twidroyd, TweetDeck, TweetCaster, HootSuite, & Seesmic. I was unable to find that feature in any of them.

Has anyone figured out a way to quickly jump to users in any of the Android Twitter apps?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I know in TweetDeck, it is not a menu item, but I can click on the button that looks like a person at the bottom of the screen, then click on "All Friends". When you start scrolling through the list, a larger button appears on the right to quickly scroll down the list of people you follow.

From that same screen, you can click on your twitter account and you have menu options for viewing the people you follow, as well as followers.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I like the ability of Tweetcaster that allows me to "zip" out people that I don't want to delete, but don't want to read every post that they make. This condenses my reading list by a lot.

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I noticed Plume wasn't on your list of twitter apps you've used. Plume has what you're looking for. All you need to do is tap the person's profile picture in your timeline and it takes you to their profile.

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I use the Twitter app for Android. I don't really see how it can get much quicker than that regarding what you want. When on the app, I just go to menu and choose "My Profile". There you can see who is following you and who you are following. It literally takes two or three seconds.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I didn't do a good job of explaining what I'm looking for.

I can easily go to all the people that I follow, but I'm unable to quickly jump to a person's profile page.
With the Twitter app for BlackBerry I could select "Go To User" in the menu.
I was then able to start typing a user. It would begin to filter out the users with the strand I was typing. When I saw the user I'm looking for, I could select it and quickly jump to their Twitter profile page. From their I could read all of their tweets. I could then do the same if I wanted to jump to another user's profile page.

The only way to do that now is to view all of the people that I follow. Then scroll until I find the user I'm looking for. It's OK if someone only has a few friends they follow on Twitter. Once you get quite a few, it's not practical.
It would help if they had a search feature, so I can quickly jump around to people I follow. Twidroyd has this feature, but I have to spellout their Twitter name without any typos in order to do this.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Not perfect for what you are looking for, but a very useful feature of TweetDeck is that you can "bookmark" 12 Twitter (or Facebook) people and jump right to their profile and see their timeline etc.

You then can at least save yourself for scrolling or searching for 12 tweeple. Getting to one of these 12 timelines is then a three click process - Person Icon - Click on 1/12 Bookmarks - Click on Tweets

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer