What app is best to track and post pics when traveling?

aabramovs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm visiting Boston by myself this week and I need advice on the best app to use so that my family can follow along with me. I want to be able to check in at places, let them follow my path, post pictures, and write notes.

I've seen a few so-so apps for this but I figure there's got to be a great one out there for this.

Thanks!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm visiting Boston by myself this week and I need advice on the best app to use so that my family can follow along with me. I want to be able to check in at places, let them follow my path, post pictures, and write notes.

I've seen a few so-so apps for this but I figure there's got to be a great one out there for this.

Thanks!

Facebook

Twitter

Four Square

Flickr

Sent from my MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for a good app to upload pictures to a Shutterfly or similar type of account while on vacation but really didn't come up with anything good. I think the OP is right that Facebook or something like that might be the easiest to do directly from your phone.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Picasa is great for something like this. Just create an account if you don't already have one using your Gmail information. There is an app you can download to easily upload photos to a specific album.

Picasa Tool Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Shutterfly and Photobucket are other options. Just provide family and friends with a link to the album and they can check it periodically for updates. If you will also be using a camera to upload photos while on your trip the original sizes can remain intact and not be compressed when uploaded.