BuzzBox stopped updating. Server down?

RyanD8

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the BuzzBox widget for several months now. It stopped updating yesterday. When I tell it to refresh, it says "Connection error. Please retry later". Is anyone else having this issue?

I tried a couple of other news apps. MoreGood News also has some connection issues. Some of the feeds work, but others don't. The widget doesn't work at all. Pulse works ok, but the layout isn't as good.

dt4ever04

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have ran into this same problem. I even went to the market to try and do a uninsstall/reinstall, and it wouldn't let me go to it when I clicked on the app in my apps

RyanD8

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It has been removed from the market for some reason, but it worked fine until yesterday.

Are there any other news apps with a similar widget? I really liked how quickly I could scan through the headlines.

anigam

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Amazon is down, so BuzzBox is down

Hey guys,

Sorry about this. BuzzBox runs on Amazon and since AWS is down, we are down. We were hoping things would be resolved, but it is taking time on their end. Sorry about this and we eagerly waiting to get up again.

Anu

anigam

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
BuzzBox is Back Up

Hey guys,

Amazon is up and we cleaned our DB over the weekend, so we are up again. Sorry about that.

Anu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781