Official Swype Beta Available

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am having trouble uninstalling the Leaked Version. I dont see it anywhere in my applications list when I get to it. Is there any way to uninstall manuall using Astro or something?

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I just installed the beta, and it's working great. Although when I did a ROM upgrade it makes me reinstall each time (says it wasn't meant for this device). No biggie.

Menu - Applications
If you don't see hit hit MENU again from in the applications sub-menu and select FILTERS and change it to ALL.

See if that helps.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I like SlideIt Better, because of where the other words show instead on the annoying popup.

I was forced into trying SlideIt because the Beta was giving me phone format errors, and I actually like it too. I'm not sure if it's better or worse yet but I have not had a problem to this point, and it does have a better listing system for word replacements and the keyboard seems like it's better spaced as well.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Ive had Swype installed since the beta Link on Android Central back in December, It now tells me my "Trail period has Ended".

Any ideas?

That's what mine was doing. You had the "leaked version", as did I. You'll need to go to Swype.com and get the official Beta.

For those having trouble with the install of the beta - make sure you remove the one you currently have on your phone before you install the new one. That could be causing some of the problems, but I don't know for sure.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I am having trouble uninstalling the Leaked Version. I dont see it anywhere in my applications list when I get to it. Is there any way to uninstall manuall using Astro or something?

It's not in the My Downloads, where you usually look in the Marketplace. If you go to the Settings and Applications it should be in there if you've been using it. You may need to wait a minute or two for all the apps to load, then you can browse through it til you find it. Took me a few to find it as well.

Don't know about using Astro or any other alternative though.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My droid froze, so I took out the battery and restarted the phone, when it came on a popup came up that said "Open of EnglishUS failed!" Has anyone else who downloaded the new swype beta had this problem? I did switch from the unofficial swype release to the new beta, but its worked for a few days before today.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it seems to be working now. I'll repost if the problem comes up again.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
OK so I must be doing something wrong with this because it doesn't work for me on my droid. I have the official beta, never had any of the leaks, and am not rooted or anything, so I know it's not that. I can only use it as a tap keyboard, swype isn't working at all. everytime I try, it just beeps and flashes the keyboard at me. I've tried even simple words like and, hello, help, and cant get it to take any words. I've only read positive things about this, but can't get it to work. any ideas?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
First of all make sure that you have swype selected as your keyboard of choice. Not only does it have to have a check box by, you can have multiple keyboards selected. When you are on a text entry field. press and hold the screen until a menu comes up. One of the options will be "Input Method". Make sure you select swype. The Swype keyboard will have a little blue squiggle in a box on the bottom left corner of the keyboard.

The second thing to do is press and hold that little blue squiggle and a help box will come up. One of the options is a Tutorial. Go though it

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
** this information is for Moto Droid **

If you're getting "wrong device" and "trial period ended" errors. It may be due to the wrong version being installed on your phone. Droid needs the 5612 apk version. Many of the links sent from Swype were mistakenly sent as another version.

Remove any old version and then download this:

http://sites.google.com/site/droidlife8/home/Droid.Swype.Beta.5612.apk?attredirects=0

Install the .apk file to your SD card and then install thru Astro.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
First of all make sure that you have swype selected as your keyboard of choice. Not only does it have to have a check box by, you can have multiple keyboards selected. When you are on a text entry field. press and hold the screen until a menu comes up. One of the options will be "Input Method". Make sure you select swype. The Swype keyboard will have a little blue squiggle in a box on the bottom left corner of the keyboard.

The second thing to do is press and hold that little blue squiggle and a help box will come up. One of the options is a Tutorial. Go though it

did all that. Had another "kinda connected to bluetooth but not all the way so I think I'll just reboot myself without user approval" moment this afternoon and now it seems to be working fine. which is funny because I tried rebooting the phone when it originally didn't work. But it's working (at least for now), and that's what matters. And it is really cool. I love typing this way.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
OK so I must be doing something wrong with this because it doesn't work for me on my droid. I have the official beta, never had any of the leaks, and am not rooted or anything, so I know it's not that. I can only use it as a tap keyboard, swype isn't working at all. everytime I try, it just beeps and flashes the keyboard at me. I've tried even simple words like and, hello, help, and cant get it to take any words. I've only read positive things about this, but can't get it to work. any ideas?
That happened to me. I selected a different keyboard, then re-selected Swype and it worked.

amayes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
they f'd up that beta, had to try 3 different versions to get it to work on my Droid; then today i did a reset and when i brought it back up it gave me wrong device error. uninstall and i'll wait till the do an official release

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Reading this thread made me look at my version # (5652). Several types a day, my phone freezes when typing - typing on the Android or HTC Touch KB does not freeze. Is anyone else on the same version as I?

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Reading this thread made me look at my version # (5652). Several types a day, my phone freezes when typing - typing on the Android or HTC Touch KB does not freeze. Is anyone else on the same version as I?

I "had" 5625 and would get the wrong device message with every boot. Then swype wouldn't work at first until I messed with the keyboards, then it would work.

After reading this thread, I uninstalled the 5625 and installed the 5612. I haven't rebooted but it seems to be functioning correctly.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I ran additional tests and the Swype beta version 5625 freezes my phone on occasion. I am debating whether to install 5612 or wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173