- 06-10-2011, 07:08 PM #127
no outgoing calls
snrb labs: i like your app, but i cannot receive INCOMING calls. i am not logged into gmail, set forwarding to google chat. is there a tutorial for settings? any reasons why i cant call out? i even tried with a fresh google voice #, but it didnt work. i have the latest version of groove ip
outgoing works (ignore the subject title, homer moment)
Last edited by bennettg; 06-10-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: outgoing works incoming doesnt
- 06-10-2011, 07:12 PM #129
- 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM #131
1) Verify your google voice number (give them a regular phone number, automated system will call that number and ask you to enter a verification code)
2) Uncheck forwarding to the number you provided in the previous step
3) Check the checkbox to forward calls to google chat
4) Sign out of google chat/gmail/google talk in other locations
If you were using the same account with pbxes.org or another sip provider you have to remove that link otherwise calls may be sent there.
- Missed call notification
- Work around to block spam google chat invite emails
- Increase app priority so incoming calls are more likely to route to the app when signed in elsewhere
- Show contact pictures in the in-call screen
- Change default GrooVe IP Google Chat status to "Automated voice only GrooVe IP sign in"
- Allow users to set GrooVe IP Google Chat status to blank
- Fix an issue that caused phone's bluetooth state to reset when GrooVe IP signed out
- 06-13-2011, 03:32 PM #134
GrooVe IP on Atrix
Although I have gmail and google voice set up, I get "could not complete your call, please try again" when a number is dialed from Atrix. Also get message that GrooVe IP is not signed to google voice even though I select the sign-in. Any sugestions of what I am doing wrong?
- 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM #136
- 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM #137
- 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM #139
- 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM #141
- 06-15-2011, 01:51 PM #142
- 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM #143
- 06-16-2011, 05:49 PM #145
I'm running Groove IP (with latest update) on a LG Optimus V and an Asus Transformer. Voice quality on both devices is garbled on both sides with incoming and outgoing calls using 3G or WiFi. I've tried changing the advanced settings and the suggestions on this thread and the LG one to no avail. I'm not logged into Google chat or voice either.
Is there anything else that can be done? I have no problem with Google Voice call quality on my desktop, laptop, or netbook PCs.
- 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM #147
- 06-16-2011, 09:53 PM #149
I've tried using both 3G and WiFi on both devices through both At&t and Virgin Mobile. The reason I bought the LG Optimums V was to use it as a WiFi hotspot for the Asus Transformer tablet and I could drop my At&t DSL service. Like I said, I can use Google Voice on my PCs through either provider with great voice quality but not with the GroVeIP app on either the phone or tablet.