AC Asks: What's your favorite Twitter client?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so follow me on this one...

My favorite is Touiteur. Has just about everything I'm looking for in a twitter client. There are a few things missing but I can live without them. The only thing I wish was better were the soft buttons at the bottom. I wish the dev would spice em up a but and give it some pizazz.

With that said, I think the BEST twitter client (and my runner up) is Twidroid. It has everything. Albeit slow at times and maybe not the best layout, it packs everything's into the app. You don't have to switch between clients because one has one function the other doesn't. Twidroid has it all!

And third, its a tie for me between Seesmic and Tweecaster. Seesmic look, ehhh...good. But falls short in 2 critical areas for me. 1, you have to go into menu to compose a tweet! That's horse manuer and completely unacceptable. 2, there's no jump to top button. So while it remembers your last position and if you're like me and sometimes takes 3 day breaks from twitter, you have to scroll ALL the way up to the top on your own. Being able to share tweets with facebook is cool, but for me (and this is an opinionated post) what I post on twitter I usually only want my twitter friends to see it. I use facebook more for networking and family so I like to keep it clean on there. As far as Tweetcaster goes, this app is underachieving big time. It COULD be SOOOOOO much more. But its not. It looks exactly how I want my twitter client to look but it doesn't behave that way. No lists, no threaded convos, notifications are buggy, etc etc. If the dev could just tweak these minor things to get them to work then it would be without a doubt the best and my favorite twitter app. But because of the aforementioned problems and many others it ranks 3rd.

jp78

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My vote goes to Touiteur. Out of all the clients I've tried, it's clean interface and feature set are the best I've seen. Plus it's still under rapid development, with new features and capabilities being added constantly.

nowlink

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Seesmic running on Droid

When I first bought my Droid, I used Twidroid quite a bit. The interface just didn't seem very intuitive to me IMHO and I didn't like the fact I couldn't customize some of the features w/o paying for a premium version (bit.ly support, Twitvid, etc). That may not be the case any longer, but the Twidroid ship has already sailed for me. Once I stumbled upon Seesmic, it's been pretty smooth sailing ever since. It's just easy to use and I've never had any problems with it...everything just works. I think the only reason I'd switch is if someone else came along with a better client that natively integrated Facebook, Posterous, etc.

allen099

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! Thanks for running this contest. Switching over from the iPhone at the beginning of January, I loved the beauty and functionality of Tweetie. With my time on the Nexus (which I LOVE!!!), I've tried both Twidroid and Seesmic. And by far, Seesmic absolutely has my vote. I do the bit.ly shrinking thing, and I love that it's a free feature in my client choice vs. having to buy Twidroid Pro for such a simple function as adding an API Key.

Seesmic is my choice by a longshot!

Allen (@allen099)

Nethermind

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
After installing and using every Twitter client available in the Market since the first day I purchased my G1 in October 2009, my favorite by far is Seesmic. The interface is really well laid out, menu items are intuitive and easy to find, it continues to update with plenty of robust features, and it doesn't lag like some others did. All in all, the reason why I like Seesmic best is because I forget I'm using my cell phone to access Twitter - good software should feel transparent in it use.

mikebeecham

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Every now and again, something comes along that simply changes the way you do things. For some it was the iPhone, others it was the fax machine...everyone can remember something that brought a great change in their life.

For me, it was the Seesmic twitter client for my Android phone. I bought into the whole 'twitter' thing very late, knowing already that celebs such as Stephen Fry and others were already using it to their heart's content.

I bought my first Android phone and very quickly got into tweeting from my phone. I went through a succession of twitter apps, but all seemed to be very much the same. Then came the day that Seesmic landed onto the Android Market, and I have to say that I've never looked back.

With it's VAST array of functionality, seamless design and ease-of-use interface I always know where I am in the app and what I need to be doing next. Allowing me the ability to find my lists, groups, follows, etc is VERY easy indeed...and I'm able to create a new tweet quickly.

Let's face it...twitter is not an importance in life, but if you're going to do it then you want to enjoy the experience. For me, Seesmic does the lot.

It wins, hands down!!

philsnews

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Seesmic is what I use on a daily basis and it's my favorite. Twidroid is a close second...but Seesmic wins with it's interface and clean look.

tnolte

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I started as a seesmic users but moved to twidroid for it's multiple account timeline integration and for other 3rd party app tie-ins, but now I'm back to seesmic because twidroid killed the app on my phone after the last update. :-/